Conversations at the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smilla4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think there's a new guy at the local chain LFS. Aparently he's been in fish for a while, I don't know if he owned an LFS or worked there for a number of years. Anyway I talked to him for a while. The most interesting part of the conversation was when he bragged that he injected O2 and nitrogen into his tank. I was very intrigued by this statement and proceeded to try to find out more. He sorta trailed off stating that he didn't understand me and I wasn't making any sense.

smilla4 said:
I don't get it, was that a conversation at a LFS you had or overheard?

You want us to post the conversations that we have overheard at LFS or what?

Boy your sig really stands out. It's kinda distracting. I kinda almost didn't notice your post but for the sig. I'm not sure what about it draws the eye - if it's the size, the red, or that the guy matches your avatar. I guess you really don't like elitists.

zanmato said:
I don't get it ...

You read it when I was editing. If you check now the message should be there. I was trying to figure out how to delete an attachment I had attached. I tried inserting different text to see if that would clear the attachment, which didn't work. I finally found a post that described how to do it.

ATHF rocks. :)

Did the guy have a planted tank or did he just inject this stuff for kicks?
Or did he not know?

Hypostomus said:
Or did he not know?

I think he was just trying to impress me with his technical knowledge. I'm not a big fan of salespeople talking to me (or at me) unless I specifically have a question I wish to ask.

If he did it on purpose, he'd be an interesting person to converse with.

ATHF?

I try not to converse with people from the LFS, I fear I might explode.

So, Smilla, were you impressed??

smilla4 said:
Hypostomus said:
Or did he not know?

I think he was just trying to impress me with his technical knowledge. I'm not a big fan of salespeople talking to me (or at me) unless I specifically have a question I wish to ask.

If he did it on purpose, he'd be an interesting person to converse with.

ATHF?

You need to let your LFS know that.

I know mine does, they part like the red sea when I walk in and don't bother me until they see that " I'm gonna buy that fish! " look on my face :D

Menagerie said:
I try not to converse with people from the LFS, I fear I might explode.

So, Smilla, were you impressed??

LOL. I don't talk to the ones that make me mad. When I get angry I usually lose the ability to speak. (I shouldn't have said that I will end up speaking the next time I'm angry and regret it)

Yes. I was so very impressed. In fact I may even let him talk me into a protein skimmer for my freshwater tank.

william said:
You need to let your LFS know that.

There's usually such a high employee turnover at these places it would be difficult...

Actually one of the reasons I liked that location was that no one would talk to me. In fact I usually didn't see salespeople in the fish section. Oh well. If he bothers me I can ask him how the o2 injection is going. :D

Definitely keep tabs on that O2 injection :wink: Perhaps it's good for coloring up fish :roll: When you go back, ask if a protein skimmer is good for bath tubs....

OMG, YOU FOOL!!11! You don't need a protein skimmer on a FW tank. I can't believe you bought into his lies.

Either way, does anyone know why you would inject N2 into a tank?

Menagerie said:
Definitely keep tabs on that O2 injection :wink: Perhaps it's good for coloring up fish :roll: When you go back, ask if a protein skimmer is good for bath tubs....

LOL!

Though I'd have to be careful, he may think that I'm hitting on him. :p

rogermcallen said:
OMG, YOU FOOL!!11! You don't need a protein skimmer on a FW tank. I can't believe you bought into his lies.

What do you take more for some kinda blond?

rogermcallen said:
Either way, does anyone know why you would inject N2 into a tank?

Maybe he was trying to get the fish high :D.

Hey RM--just a touch of sarcasm here :wink:

Hmmmm, best stay away from the sales guy--he may try to hook up with you. Then you can go back to his place and watch his fish get high :roll:

PLEASE READ this with HEAVY SARCASM and keep your fish away from this person. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom