Cories- the most peaceful fish EVER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a school of three adult, 2-2.5 inch peppered cories, one male and two females.I also have a batch of 3 day old guppy fry one millimeter long. I turned on the light for a second to check on my fish, and lo and behold there was my 2.5 inch female cory in with the baby guppies in the breeder trap. Not a fry missing either. Her mouth is bigger than the fry and they weren't touched. In fact, a baby was sleeping right next to her mouth and was unharmed. I immediately fished her out and put on the lid. Something about my fry must have convinced her to decide to produce eggs as she is now fat with a VERY pink belly! Finally!

I've never seen cory cats go after anything that wasn't sitting almost perfectly still.

Like you, I've never seen them chase anything down at all aside from a shrimp pellet that rolls an inch away and they look for it.

hpiguy said:
I've never seen cory cats go after anything that wasn't sitting almost perfectly still.

Like you, I've never seen them chase anything down at all aside from a shrimp pellet that rolls an inch away and they look for it.

Lol mine have to search for algae wafers landing an inch from there noses that are a half inch in diameter
The little fry was absolutely still and it looked just so cute!

I love my pandas . I have 8 of them in my 30. Only one baby survived to adulthood. They love bloodworms. They Hoover them up lol!

Back
Top Bottom