Crazy tank stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicalmackdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ssoo i have a short story i thought you guys might enjoy.
(just for the record, i do not think any of this is right, and shouldnt be done)
Sooo my math teacher had a 10 gallon tank with who knows what in it, but one of the fish was a pleco. So the plec, was a the only survivor. But my teacher, decided that the plec would be okay because the tank fit the pleco jjjuusssttt right. So, a common, plec (dont know what kinda, but i know it got big!), , lived for 2 YEARS in a ten gallon, and she siad it couldnt even turn around.
Its funny and sad at the same time.
Just thought id share that little story.

HUKIT said:
Did you leave the funny part out or is that it? A stunted fish does not meet my criteria for a laugh.

I also said it was sad. How do you only quote certain parts?
Oh and she gave the guy back to the store, so yes it was sad but he/she was probably put in a betta home.

scott f said:
amazing that if you put a dog in a kennel it will barely fit in, and leave him, that's animal abuse.

I could have sworn fish are animals too.

Glad i don't personally know anyone that stupid.

couldn't agree more

Scott F said:
Amazing that if you put a dog in a kennel it will barely fit in, and leave him, that's animal abuse.

I could have sworn fish are animals too.

Glad I don't personally know anyone that stupid.

:( my math teacher isnt stupid.... Shes just not fish smart
Alright terrible story sorry guys.

Scott F said:
Well they may be math smart but in the common sense department they're woefully lacking.

Ya i was suprised because she lived on a farm and loved animals

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Ya i was suprised because she lived on a farm and loved animals

I found it funny just because she didnt do the math common pleco+10G=?

I also find it sad but a lot of people do this :/

Fishie said:
I also find it sad but a lot of people do this :/

This is true allot of people go by the rule of thumb "1 in. per gallon" this needs to be thrown out the window, would you put a 15 in. pleco in a 15 gallon tank? I would hope not

I can understand everyone's sympathy, and I completely agree it shouldn't be done. With that said, I think the point has been made that people shouldn't do that.. Enough said.

I had a friend who did the same thing, but with an african cichlid. You can only tell someone so much, especially of they aren't interested in the subject at all, which is very common with people who keep fish tanks.

Back
Top Bottom