Cricket trap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obedey

Aquarium Advice Activist
My perch loves crickets and grasshoppers but they are hard to find. I always hear crickets outside and have found some black ones in the cracks of concrete.

I made a trap similar to this one and filled it with apple. But no crickets.
l.jpg

Anyone got any tips for bait or catching them in general.

You could get a butterfly net. Or smash them, but if you want to feed them live, then option 2will not work:) be sure to gut load them with apples,potatoes ect so they are healthy for your fish.

I just go outside with a flashlight and look around for them. They definitly hide in cracks and under large boards or anything else you have laying around outside. If you want you could harvest mosquito larva... Just put a big bucket of water outside for a while and watch them come.

Yup petsmart, their like 5 cents a piece. Haha. Couple bucks and you have a months supply. If they die, you can still feed them to your fish. I been doing that for years with out any issue.

Yeah I have seen them at lfs was just interested if anyone was successful at trapping them. I normally catch them with my hands and other beetles I find as well.

Mosquito larvae are a bit too small my fish is 25cm.

I was researching how to build a trap when I came across your trap. Others have been using stale Italian bread and wilted lettuce. I will be experimenting on these suggestions soon.

Back
Top Bottom