Crystal Red Shrimp hiding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarenns

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I brought home 7 CRS and added them to my 55g tank. The only other fish in there initially was 2 diamond tetras. I put them in and can only find 1 now - initially saw 3/7, but with half an hour only the one little dude. Are they hiding out in my decor? Could my filter be sucking them up? (Fluval 306) Are tetras prone to eating them ( I feel like they're mostly too big for tetras and that they wouldnt be able to devour them all that fast anyways but who knows )? I've never kept CRS before.

They could be hiding because of molting...

But shrimp love to pick away at filter intakes and it could be possible they might fit through the intake and get sucked up. Generally the intakes should be covered with bulk filter pad, or sponge if a HOB.

So I would be concerned! If you hold off feeding one day or so then try feeding and see if they appear.

It is possible if they are recently molted or young/smallish, the fish get a taste and might proceed to hunt for them. Often the fish do not seem to give adults too much attention.

Back
Top Bottom