Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anna55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am cycling a 5 gallon fish less tank and need to know how to top it off after evaporation. Can I add prime to the water or just let the water sit out overnight? I don’t want the water to get too low for my heater.

Cycled 5 gallon

My 5 gallon is finally cycled. It’s not a very good picture but at least there’s fish in it now. I decided to put a female betta in it and three white clouds. There’s also 2 nerites in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 70
29 gallon

I’ve got my two little tanks going good, now I want to set back up my 29 gallon. I want a planted South American cichlid tank . I ordered some Sieryu rocks that I thought I could use . Now I’m seeing that it will raise my ph. My water has a ph of 8 straight out of the tap. The gh is either 0 or 1 and a kh of 9. I am really hoping to be able to use these rocks. I Have a nice piece of Malaysian driftwood that will also go in it. Does anyone know if it would be alright or will I have to get some other rocks?

Seiryu

Can I raise my gh with equilibrium? My tap water and both my other tanks all read the same gh.

Yes, exp. 3/2022. The two tests came together in a box. I tested my tanks and my tap water. Someone told me I needed to boost the gh but I don’t really know how. I saw somewhere to use seachem equilibrium to raise it.:confused::confused:

Could be worthwhile seeing if there is a water report for your tap water just in case - still seems odd. I have a bag of powdered carbonate here (probably mostly calcium carbonate and some magnesium carbonate) which will last me years that I bought with my other diy dry ferts.

Back
Top Bottom