Dancing nono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
well since ive become a aquariumadvice.com haunt.. I figure i might aswell seek help here.. o_O;
I've been invited to my boyfriend of almost four years mothers handfast... right.. so.. what the heck kind of wedding is that?!?! Apparently There is gonna be a special dance and.. Gah.. Im lost.

Handfasting is a pagan or non-religious "marriage" and I do not think it makes them legally married, unless they go to the courthouse as a separate step.

My childhood girlfriend was "handfasted" once and she lives on the opposite coast so I did not attend, but I would guess that the dancing will be informal. I'll ask my friend about it.

Yeah, his mom is a wiccan (( classified as pagan?? )). If there is any kind of dancing ill probably die.. Hehe.... x.x; :oops:

My friend is wiccan also, and though she has tried to explain stuff to me over the years it is still beyond me. I shot her an e-mail just now so we'll get to the bottom of this :wink:

Handfasting is a legal marriage in many places (Canada, Europe, etc), but I am not sure what states it is legal in. Handfastings usually have a lot of dancing and feasting.

In many states, the "ceremony" can be what ever you would like. All that is required to make it legal is the signing of the appropriate documents in front of the required authority and witnesses. I attended a very pleasant ceremony that was held on the break wall of a lighthouse. The ceremony was written by the couple and the conductor was licensed by the state. part of the ceremony was the signing of the "paperwork" which had been embossed onto a piece of leather hide. All very legal and original.

Well thanks but i wont be going anyways. Some difficulties have arosen between me and my now ex. So Yeah. But thanks for all of your input.

I'm bsure that is good news to all the young single gents in your area. His loss and have fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom