dear ol' bubba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miller_time

Aquarium Advice Activist
Rest in peace Bubba the Lobster!

for those of you who don't know, bubba is a 22-lb. lobster in an aquarium up north somewhere who, according to experts, could have possibly been up to 100 years old! He leaves behind a wife, ten children, and countless fans. :roll:

I read on ABC news today that he died in a QT tank in Pittsburgh and that he's believed to be between 30 and 50 years old. It's so sad that he escaped fishing nets for so many years, just to be put in a QT tank at a zoo and die. He was supposed to go to a Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. Poor Bubba. He should have just been released. There's something said for a Lobster like that.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=546238

*edit* Thank you for correcting me. I wasn't too sure of the spelling.

Yes, that is sad. Poor Bubba :( That's the first thing I thought of: "How was he acclimated?"

(and btw, it's "Pittsburgh" with an "h" at the end!)

Been reading about him.. and something struck me. I forget how he was caught, but I suspect a net. Who would build a lobster trap the size needed for Bubba?

That thing was huge! Sorry he died though. Can you imagine what that would cost at Red Lobster!!

I read that he would have been worth $350.00 for market price.
But it's too bad that he didn't make it.

:( aww. That reminds me of my old betta that died years ago. Only because his name was Bubba T. Fish. :( I am sure the whole business of being captured was just too hard on ol' Bubba. Poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom