deep sea fishing trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
just thought id share some pics of all the wildlife i saw on a deep sea fishing trip. my grandma is down here from mn visiting and about to go back, so we thought wed use the fishing trip she got us for xmas. this was out of tin-city in naples, fl. we had to troll through a canal type thing but this is where we saw dolphin, bald eagles, ospry, tarpon, pelicans. we ended up being 13 miles offshore (about an hour out) where we saw sea turtle and one person caught a shark that flew out of the water, dont worry it broke off the line, so noone ate him. the capt and deckhand said there we were over coral, mostly soft... and it was 46 ft below.

it was really fun being on the boat in the ocean. i didnt care much for the fishing, everytime i felt the nible, i just let em have it and brought the pole up so i could keep feeding them, is that bad? :wink:

anyways on with the pics!

Attachments

• p1010077_810.jpg
    p1010077_810.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 22
  • p1010079_167.jpg
    p1010079_167.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 18
  • p1010080_178.jpg
    p1010080_178.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 32
  • p1010072_702.jpg
    p1010072_702.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 26
  • p1010102_119.jpg
    p1010102_119.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 23
What, didn't catch any fish on your "deep sea fishing trip" :p

Great photos, and thanks for sharing.

no, i didnt catch anything! i felt em nible, just let em have it. i just liked the boat ride and the wildlife and my beer. my grandma actually caught a sea turtle tho. :( the guide said it was probably 4-600 lbs. the line snapped before we saw it tho. this other guy caught one too, it was smaller and we did see it but that line snapped, too. they do everything they can to get em up so they can get the line and hook out, but sometimes it doesnt work. the guy that caught the smaller sea turtle also caught a shark that came flying out of the water, bout 4 ft. i was too slow and didnt get a shot of that. the line snapped so he didnt get to eat it.

Nice shots. What were you fishing for other than the sharks?

we werent aiming for the shark, i guess he was in the neighborhood. we were going for snapper and grouper. some ppl took some snapper home, but all the grouper that were caught were too small (they have to be over 20"). most of the snapper were too small too. ppl also caught a puffer, pinfish, and some venemous fish that i cant remember the name of.... it was real fun.

Back
Top Bottom