Did i make the wrong choice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! So next week im going on vacation all week. And it will be about 7-8 days.

So while at the pet store my dad had picked up a bunch of feeder blocks. I said no and put them back on the shelf.

We had an argument over them and we ended up not getting them. We decided to ask you guys.
So my question is

Would you use feeder blocks for a 7-8 day vacation? If so or not why ( i need facts to convince him)

Thanks

Edit: my dad thinks that the blocks will disolve and feed the fish. But i say that they will disolve and create a messy disaster jot to mention the parameters.

The vast majority of fish will be perfectly fine to go 8 days without food. Just make sure to feed them well (Not overfed, mind you) before you leave, and all will be fine.

I have used the feeder block for a day or two when I had fish that weren't coming to the surface to eat, again only for a day or two. What about an auto feeder if you're worried about them not eating for that long?

I really doubt that we will buy 4 auto feeders, but my fish are jumpers so it may not work

Back
Top Bottom