Do you guys name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I named my betta Krull; he just passed last week. :( Sad day.. I named him Krull from the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days :lol: because:
-I love that movie
-I always like to give my fish funny names
-Krull was big and always looked really mad (more-so than the average betta)
R.I.P. Krull :(

Ah dear... Sorry to hear about Krull... Friend down the road had his Betta go belly up a couple months ago too.

My sister has hers in a bowl still, so I got her a six gallon tank (her first tank) for her birthday in a week. Only a matter of time before the betta will be in a much better place. And I don't mean dead. =P

Oh, and my bettas! One, a red and silver crowntail male is named Alejandro. The one I saw the other day and fell in love with and bought today is named Patriot because he has red and blue on him.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Good choices! I named my Serpae Tetra (probably the most colorful fish I own) Muriel, which is Celtic for Shining Sea.

He was my first fish and he was the only one in the tank. From the moment I saw him I fell in love he's been my treasure ever since.

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
I named my betta Krull; he just passed last week. :( Sad day.. I named him Krull from the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days :lol: because:
-I love that movie
-I always like to give my fish funny names
-Krull was big and always looked really mad (more-so than the average betta)
R.I.P. Krull :(

Kroll, kroll the warrior king? You have to name a fish princess Sophia too! Lol :D
My two corys are cory and Dora (not very original ;) ), my three guppies are colonel mustard, mrs peacock and miss scarlet. We've got 12 fry too, one of which is a del colour so she's blacky. The others we can't tell apart yet, but my dad reckons we should name them lead piping, rope, spanner etc ;D we could have the whole cluedo set :) one of my blue tetras is snubnose, one is fatso, and the others are the twins because I can't tell them apart, and my otos are just called the otos. I haven't thought of names yet. Maybe someone could suggest some? ;)

CoyoteWildfire said:
Haha, that's charming. :] My danio's name is Irya, which is sanskrit for quick and powerful. We haven't gotten the rest of a school for him yet though.

Beautiful name!

(First post actually)

I had a couple of dwarf frogs a few years ago named Nickel and Dime. I always told people it was because one was bigger than the other, but that wasn't the reason exactly. I don't think I can state EXACTLY where I got the names from...lol.

I now have a couple of goldfish, Myrrh, and Frank. I will have a Gold as soon as I find him!

Hi everyone here are my fish and their names (or at least the ones I named),

Type of fish. Name of fish.

Pearl gourami. Pearl
Female angelfish. Angelina
Male angelfish. Angelo
Striped logsucker Stripes
Bigger ropefish Fred
Smaller ropefish. George
Gibbeceps pleco. Bob

I don't normally name my fish but my betta deserved a name. We call him curious George since he always likes to check out the action and see what's going on

Do you name your fish?

Just thought I'd ask, who names their saltwater friends? I've named fish in the past when I had freshwater, and my wife wanted to name them when I first started over a year ago. I told her to hold off on naming since i was new at it, and well I still haven't named any of them :p
Also how about crabs, shrimp, snails, or even coral?

any good unique names or stuff like Puffy the puffer? :p

Haha, so how many fish did she get you to buy at the fish store :p

Back
Top Bottom