Does anyone else see what's wrong with these pictures?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettalover333

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401744821.995342.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401744838.091450.jpg

These are pictures I found while watching tv. No wonder the public is so misinformed about caring to fish. One of these pictures is from an educational show! I won't mention any names, since I'm not sure that's legal, but still, does this bother anyone else but me?

Im.prettu sure the name of the show is "call of the Wildman" ??? Just a hunch;) it is our duty as responsible human beings to sift through nonsensical rubbish such as this and make well informed decisions based off our own research.. not something spewed on a silly TV show..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The red tailed shark, albino shark, and what appears to be a gourami as well as some small schooling fish in a tank that appears to be no more than 20 gallons.

Yea this is just a commercial I saw, so I rewinded and snapped a pic.

Yeah I know what you mean it's like these people who think it's fine to put a betta in a vase or even a wine glass come on really? Common sense should really come into play somewhere I'm sure that most people wouldn't like to live in a place no bigger than a wardrobe that they would have to pee and poop in......... That's my opinion anyway :-D

Educational on how to be a red neck lol. What's wrong with the second picture?

Second picture looks to have all dog supplies with an aquarium in the background... Plus the aquarium has two red tail sharks (one black, one albino) in the same small-ish tank.

Yea the second pic is from a commercial for a large petstore chain, I'm not going to mention any names though.

I don't think that's a real aquarium but I see how someone might get the wrong idea from it. But it's no different then a pet store they put large fish in tiny tanks.

If you were as uneducated as to put a fish in that small of a tank you probably wouldn't know what kind of fish it is.

These bother me as do ALL, and I mean ALL companies who sell tanks and supplies,

Examples
with pics of 4-6 goldfish in a BiOrb 16G

or 3 goldfish in a 6G in an Edge or

Chi tank, images show 3-4 goldfish and 6 Platies

Aqueon 16G bowfront tank. 11 Angelfish yes I said 11, and 5 or 6 lemon tetras or something couldn't really tell for sure

Top fin 10G pic has 9 Neons, 4 Platies and 2 other maybe Platies

15G column tank with 2 Cories 9 Mollies and 4 or 5 Guppies,

shocking!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Why wouldn't a noob think that was good? Anyone would think a manufacturer would only suggest a good stocking amount for the fish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom