Dream aquaria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Esoteric Backbone

Aquarium Advice FINatic
No limitations. What would you have in your dream aquarium?

I would want mine to be filled with Japanese Giant Spider Crabs.

I've got one planned out already. A 8' tank with a shallow coral reef section that's 4' x 2' x 12" connected to a deeper drop off that's 4' x 2'x 2.5'. The custom 1" glass I'd need would probably cost a good fortune but I think it'd be worth it.

Right now I'm focusing on saving for a nano reef though lol.

Dream tank?... Easy, I want the tank from "despicable me" with the great white shark in. The one that's under his living room.

A study style room except its a dome you walk into filled with saltwater life, or a shower inclosed entirely with a fishtank,

A fully mushroom tank with tons of varieties of them. Just a small 20 gallon tank or so. There would be one very lively picasso clownfish and a nice diamond goby

My entire basement filled with 50,000+ gallons with pirahana that i could hand feed from my mouth with a chainmail suit on, id also throw in officials that hold me back business wise, but that the future project for now stickin to a concrete and fiberglass under 5000 gallons i can pet my pleco in lol

I would love to have a house build under a salt water! (basically a huge pong on a piece of land) and most of my home will be made of glass for viewing!! And saltwater ofc!! :D imagine waking up to all these glorious wildlife! Ahhh

Believe it or not mine isn't as extravagant, I would just like a whole wall from kitchen to lounge like 15" x 8" x 4/5" ;). So I could see the missus cooking through the tank hahahahaha

I would love a see-through "Fireplace" with a 150-200gal aquarium instead of a fire so it can be viewed from a livingroom/different room. I would fill it with rocks and caves and stock as many 3-6" Cichlids that I could fit for bio-load. I'd have the authentic fireplace look with a full brick/stone hearth and nice carved hardwood mantel. Nothing like hanging your stockings over your aquarium come christmas time!

Hmmm.... Im thinking a built in 450 gal between my room and living room. Freshwater with giant pieces of driftwood that looks like tree trunks going all the way up to the surface. A forest theme basically. Lots of java moss, floating plants and dirt for substrate. Lots of cardinal tetras, cherry shrimp, angelfish or gourami. And tiger barbs and odessa barbs. If the barbs then 2-3 gourami. 20-30 tetras 20-25 tigers and 15-20 odessas with probably 100 cherry shrimp. More natural the better!

a big enough tank to have a school of 100 rainbow sharks:)

A giant freshwater tank in my basement! Then I can just put on scuba gear, walk downstairs, and go swim with my wonderful fishes. And the floor on the rooms above would be glass, so you could watch from above if you didn't want to swim. :)

And the floor on the rooms above would be glass, so you could watch from above if you didn't want to swim. :)

I'm guessing a "no shoe" policy would be in effect at your house if it isn't already!!

A 300 gallon reef tank that was already cycled, set up, and stocked with perfect water parameters that somebody else did the water changes and maintenance on. (which is why we don't have a 300 gallon tank, that's an all day event.)

A huge tidepool system, maybe 500gal :D Complete with crater shaped rocks, and all the fauna and flora one might find in a tidepool. Oh, and a fully automated photoperiod, tide simulator, and water changer!!

--Adeeb

I'm guessing a "no shoe" policy would be in effect at your house if it isn't already!!

And a no running policy, or jumping, or dropping, or throwing. How about you have to be under 200 lbs so the glass wont break lol? I would hate to have glass floors. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom