Dream Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whats your dream tank? It doesn't matter if your never able to do it, just what you dream of having. Salt or Fresh lets hear 'em! :D

Mine is a 12ft long, 3ft high and 3ft deep overflow system.
There would be two 'tanks', a top one which would over flow into the bottom one. The top would be a reef system, the bottom a predator tank.

Reef: TONS of coral. :D
Lots of beautiful reef fish

Predator:
1 Ribbon Eel
2 Dwarf Lions
1 Emperor Angel
1 Picasso Trigger
1 Snowflake Eel
1 Lunare Wrasse (a BIG one ;))

Whats yours?

I have a few. Once I get my own place I'd love to have a 75g planted, 90g reef and a 125g+ African cichlid tank and a 55g of something I'm not sure of yet lol.. Not to mention countless terrariums, aviaries and vivariums lol. Probably not all at the same time tho. I haven't planned them all out yet tho because it's at least 10 years ahead.

Im with a1, there isnt a dream tank, its more like dream tanks :) My wife has told me i can buy the 240g ive been wanting for a while now, so ill have to go with that as one. So here's what my list would look like.

1- A huge house with a dedicated fish room about 50'x50'.
2- 240g african cichlid tank
3- 150g african cichlid tank
3- 180g full blown reef (similar to melosu58's)
4- 55g fry grow out tank
5- 55g qt
6- 180g planted tank
7- 125g paludarium
8- an annual income of $10,000,000 to fund my tanks ;)

was that too "out there" ?

I want a fish room. Not for showing the fish but to hide everything. I would like 1 big reef, 1big shark or something like that tank, 1 huge planted tank. With all lines and filters in "fishroom". Then I could go in there and have a tv and tons of tanks. With clean water being made. All my filters would be in there. All the tests going on. Like a central command center. There is a fish store in houston that has their business office behind three tanks. So they maintain the tanks from in their office.

I want 500 gallon predator with:

1 harlequin tuskfish
1 dragon moray eel
1 clown trigger
1 french angel
1 emperor angel
1 queen angel
1 porcupine puffer
1 miniata grouper
can't think of anything else......

Errr. Hmmm. Ok

Seaworld's shark encounter, sort of. I'd love a "walk through" shark tank. But not with nurse sharks and other smaller sharks. I'm talking bull sharks, great whites and tigers (yeah I know, different temp zones) But that would be a dream come true. *Drools*

Volunteered for a while at a nice lfs that had several SW spawning towers. If there's such a thing as fish shangri-la, that was it. Would like to have a similar tank, the time to maintain AND enjoy it, and that $10mil requested earlier.

i would really like to flood about half my basement and have a few redtail catfish and some areas that are bog like for some plants. but a doable tank the i want is a 110 high that is drilled about 2/3 of the way up the back for my filter and above that i want a tangle of jungle vine so i can have archerfish in the tank and be able to put crickets on the branched for them to spit at.

my gf said IF i got rid of all my tanks i could get 1 big one, she didnt pay attention to what she said and didnt give me a limit to what size i could get. Id like a 12 ft long ??? how deep and 4 ft tall african tank and id like to do to africa and catch my own :) ship them back. that would be AWESOME!

i would love a custom made, 15foot or so long, 5 foot wide, 3 foot tall tank, that is almost S shaped, rock background, gravel bed, and a large number of Bala Sharks, but i also want it to be flowing, from one side to the other. so probably wouldnt be ideal for them, but still, its a dream right?
id also love a huge salt water fishpond, and have wild mackeral and maybe a couple plaice. dunno why but always loved mackeral, their marking and way they swim. only see them on my hook, but always love to let them go and watch them swim lol... if it would be possible id have a pond full... least they would survive the climate here, as its their natural climate. bout the only thing that would be going for them though lol...
hmmm ill check into backhoe rental

this is a terrarium that i built for a couple of bearded dragons eventually i will built a fish tank to match... the tank measure 54" across the backs and is 18" wide L shaped i had to custom build it all. custom cut and tempered bottom and plate glass sides. not even setup yet and over a grand invested. no stand even... click on the pic to see it in its present...stuck in my basement were it was built...

Attachments

• 100_1700.jpg
    100_1700.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 87
unfortunatly it is still in my basement no stand or space yet ran out of funds to finish seting up with appropriate equip... the beardies are actually a pair and the male is about 18" and the female about 14". they are very happy and healthy but dreaming of the bigger tank...

I have a basement utility room big enough to hold about 30 55g tanks on racks, but we also have tons of junk even though we've had 4 huge garage sales in the last 2 year. I would love to set up half of that space with breeding tanks for Cichlids and other FW fish, and heavily planted tanks, then the other half SW Reef tanks and grow corals and make a business out of it. If I could make enough money at it, I'd easily walk away from any job because I have a true passion for this hobby.

If I won the lottery, I would either build a house with a huge dedicated fish room or buy a warehouse space and start up the business just for kicks and also to employ some fellow fish fanatics so they could leave their jobs too. Ok, I would do both.

A room dedicated to my fish of course, I think the biggest i would want is the room that is in the monster fish video :) i saw an oscar that was HUGE in there and i want him..or her. But i like having a lot of decent sized tanks like 130-150 range and i want one stocked with only blue and orange fish....for the broncos :)

Back
Top Bottom