duct tape were have you used it :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Lets all share our experiences with the wonderful invention called duct tape everyone list were you have used it on your aquarium or pond. Dont hesitate to tell us the crazy things you have done!! :)

I have used it on my background, wires,a cover over my eshopps overflow box to muffle the noise and a few hoses to temp hold them down :)

I use it to hold wires together (I never have electrical tape D; ) used it one time to hold some wood together till i got some liquid nails. I use it for pretty much anything im too lazy to do right. And recently I actually used it on a DUCT, I'm so proud! XD

i dont use it much but my uncle says duct tape can fix anything. as a youngen he was known for duct taping his shoes if he put a hole in it.

I use it to hold up air lines for various reasons. ;)
TC

I use Gorilla Tape now, pretty much the same thing, alot stronger adhesive. I use it to fix the kids toys, fasten various items to items, Never used it on the tank, duct tape and water dont do to well together over time.

never used it on my tank but have used it with a little bit of bailling wire to fix a horse bridle or two, works well. my dad says that you can always fix something with bailing wire and duct tape.

Does anyone know if duct tape conducts electricity? Friction tape isn't that expensive but I prefer to use shrink tubing when I can especially around my aquariums.

haha never on my tank but it held my car's sound system together for a while until i got hold of some shrink tubing...

I think it would be easier to list what we haven't used duct tape on. LOL! I'd say everything from a quick fix for a leaky tent when camping to holding my brothers bumper on his car (we called it West Virginia Chrome, LOL) till he got it to the shop.

good point animal :) i was in auto shop at high school one and the teacher had a box that was labeled fix all next to his desk i said hey duct tape lol

I used duct tape to hold a headlight in place after an accident for about a year. I peeled out a big strip about 5 feet long, didn't tear it off, let the roll part hang down and spun it a bunch of times - duct tape rope! Stuff is super strong and holds knots well because you get the sticky side out!

Does anyone know if duct tape conducts electricity? Friction tape isn't that expensive but I prefer to use shrink tubing when I can especially around my aquariums.

I would suggest black electrical tape for anything electrical - I don't believe duct tape is rated for electrical use, it can dry out and flake apart, BET doesn't (PS I'm an electrical engineer)

Back
Top Bottom