Dyed fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wanted to put this up and see if you guy's feel the same.
Found these cories on ebay just now. Absolutely disgusting, poor little guy's. Why do people feel the need to do this? Can't they just sell them the way they are? Really has annoyed me. As you can tell I haven't seen a dyed cory before. 1470059019725.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

I see your died corys and raise you.....dyed loaches!! Blahhh. It's filthy really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1470059316967.jpg
    1470059316967.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 1470059334023.jpg
    1470059334023.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 141
That's sad, haven't seen loaches dyed before.
Anything for money

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Neither do I. They look beautiful the way they are.

I don't like it either . Looks bad and hard on the fish , but there is a market for them....kids ! The same market for clown puke gravel , and all the weird ornaments....lol

If I see one more tank on craigslist with the spongebob setup... :blink:

Hahaha. Too grown up to love the sponge? I have to admit I have stuffed toys and action figures and pez dispensers. And I hid them in my Nemo tank painting as hut graffiti Lol. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470085108.478719.jpg

I don't get the whole dyed fish thing at all.

it can be 1 of two things IMO

1. they are trying to compete with the glow fish phase since the demand by younger kids think the colorful fish are cool and they can raise the price since what parent would deny there young ones a colorful fish . and that started experimenting with other species. I agree it's sickening

2. they are trying to compete with all the colorful fish in saltwater

but my best bet would be #1

They're trying to be the next big trend in aquatics. That big idea that corners the market and has all the kiddies running to the store money In hand.. weak fish die faster and they know parents don't want to listen to kids cry over dead purple corys so they run on out and buy more. Murica

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahaha. Too grown up to love the sponge? I have to admit I have stuffed toys and action figures and pez dispensers. And I hid them in my Nemo tank painting as hut graffiti Lol. View attachment 288363

Nah, I'm a Disney fan. ;) I've just never liked Sponge Bob. The style of cartoon never really did it for me. I have stuffed animals and stuff all over. Heck, I believe in faeries.... They hide in fish tanks under driftwood, don't you know... The shy water ones do. ;)

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

They sell the dyed loaches and tetras too at my LFS. Quite sad, and they're always dying and being replaced (as in, more often than the rest of the fish at my LFS ://)

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Honestly I would ask for the manager and tell them politely like it is and why it is disgusting, and that if they are for humane treatment of animals to stand strong and STOP selling them.

The jellyfish gene Glo-fish are a little better except that for the most types of fish they use for that are fish that are a little cranky or edgy or fin nippers, or need to be in groups or don't get along in a peaceful community tank, and especially don't do well as one lone pretty purple fish. Intriguing science.

Tatooed fish :onfire::banghead:

It's disgusting! Really don't like dyed or tattooed fish, shocked when I saw the lfs with fish that had hearts on them for valentines day, a shop I don't go into now.

The same people that's selling the cories are selling these tetras as well :banghead:1470135541577.jpg

The corys and loaches are new ones I haven't seen before. More often then not around here when you see a dyed fish its usually a blood parrot with a heart tattooed on its side. Really a disgusting practice.

The corys and loaches are new ones I haven't seen before. More often then not around here when you see a dyed fish its usually a blood parrot with a heart tattooed on its side. Really a disgusting practice.

Totally agree, I thought I had heard of most but that is terrible. Luckily it is very rare here (I hope!).

Most sad for me to see them at chain stores. A couple years back I saw neon coloured POLKA DOTTED loaches. That had to have been the worse for me.

This is a friend on guppygourami's account:

Visited a fish store a while back that I hadn't been to before and I might've dunked the manager in a tank if I could.

Walked in and thought the store was well-lit and it was but not because of the lights. The fish were glow-in-the-dark. Goldfish, tetras, mbuna cichlids, it was absolutely horrifying.

Back
Top Bottom