!!emergency!! Evacuateing fish when/if the order is given!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
THERE'S A CHANCE I'LL HAVE TO EVACUATE MY HOME DUE TO massive fires, if your curious Google "matsu valley fires and evacuations" or something similar a about the AK Matanuska.

Back on topic, what should I do if I need to evacuate and have the opportunity to try and save my fish. Don't get me wrong, its not one of my top priorities, but if I can, what should I do?!!

I don't know if carrying buckets of water w/ fish in them is an option. You'd need a supply of oxygen too like airline tubing and air pump. Maybe transport them and ask if the LFS can hold them?

Sorry to hear that you might have to evacuate :(

I'd try buckets and battery powered airpumps. I believe they exsist. If not, do you have a friend to hold them? Or even like the previous poster said, If you tell your Lfs your story, maybe they cN hold them.

Get a power inverter to power air pumps from your cars 12v power outlet. Then use like a big cooler that way it will help with stabilizing the temp. You could also use the inverter to power a heater as well

Thank god, for now, the fires are gone. No thanks to the complete idiot who thought it a good idea to burn tree stumps in weather this dry and windy.

Back
Top Bottom