Empty 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah that would look nice and neons are fun to watch because of how active they are

Idk much about it but it seems like ghost shrimp are fairly easy, thats what I was thinking about doing. Or cherry shrimp maybe. Look it up, or see if someone that knows more about it or has experience could help. If you do though keep me updated, I'm thinking about doing the same

I wanted to do cherry but can't find any local places that sell them so thought maybe Ill try ghost and see how it goes

jetajockey said:
throw a bunch of plants in it and add cherry shrimp, they are by far the easiest.

I'll have to give that a shot. Sounds fairly easy ha. Guess i'll give that a shot here soon and keep you guys posted.

ghost shrimp are a lot more complicated because they have a larval stage, and some require brackish water. Good luck with it, remember, DO NOT OVERFEED. they only need a tiny bit of food every once in a while (try to imagine how miniscule their stomachs are), and they can actually do fine on algae alone if necessary.

Any idea what i could do with them if they do breed? I dont know if any of my local fish stores will take them. Got the same dilemna with fish possibly too.

sell them online. Or feed them to something. It takes a ton, like well over a hundred to overpopulate even a 10 gallon, so it will be a while before that happens, and things will have to be ideal for them. Once the colony is built way up you could always get a fish that will eat the shrimplets to keep the #s in check also.

I have a pair of Jack Dempseys about 5-6" each. Think they'd eat shrimplets? Cause that would save money on food in the long run haha :p

Yes. My JD's are around that size and they eat pest snails, earthworms, etc. Anything that easily fits in their mouth is a goner. Just be careful not to give them something too large because they could choke on it. (shouldn't have that problem with dwarf shrimp, they are more like a snack than a meal lol)

Well then i guess im going to breed and feed cherry shrimp. Has to be plenty of protein in the shrimplets too, which wont hurt the growth ha. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom