Enormous tanks at people's homes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainGregor

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would like to have people share their experiences of seing enormous tanks at their ( 8) or other people's houses. I would like to start first from a couple of examples:
I personally have been inside a house of a famous country singer here in Nashville where I saw a very big saltwater tank. It was built into a wall and was at least 6 feet tall, maybe 10-12 feet long, and I do not remember how deep. It was a while ago, when I did not know anything about aquariums, but it was beautiful.

Another example, my boss just told me about his friend, the doctor, that had a tank built into the house that extended to the second floor and occupied entire wall and was about 12' X 5' X 30' that makes it almost 11 thousand ( 8O ) gallons.
He said that the doctor had to have special foundation built, and all the filtering was outside in a separate building! I would love to see that.

Please share what you saw and heard.

There is a house here in Richmond called "The Cactus House" and they have a SW tank built into the floor, and is 1500 gallons. The guy says he hires a diver once a month to come in and do maintenance. I believe the equipment is all outside in an outbuilding, and plumbed into the house. Since the property is planted with various cacti and these are not exactly native to this region, the house is an oddity and they offer tours twice a year or so for charity. The house was featured on HGTV Extreme Homes.

Nifty thread, maybe good for the Lounge?

There was a guy that had a tank he clamed was 4,000 gal in his basement. he had a website www.mr4000.com i belive. The story goes he had to take the tank down because the humidity was rotting his house from the inside out.

Heh I had been to that site and seen the tank; It was HUGE. The site went down about 3 months ago. Guess since the guy no longer had the tank up and running (I heard for the same reasons fishfreek), he wasn't into keeping the site up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom