Escapee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slappyking

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was helping my son clean out his Guppy tank and i was counting all his fish and i realised i couldnt find one, so im looking all over the tank checking every cave etc and still couldnt find it, i went to turn around, looked on the floor and there it was!! lol, i couldnt believe it, i forgot fish can jump :)

Did it survive the ordeal? Or did you loose him? I had a fish jump out without me seeing it happen. He was out for a good 20 min. and I thought he was dead. But I felt the tiniest movement when I picked him up. So I put him back in the tank and swam for him along the air bar and he started to move on his own. He couldn't swim for himself for almost an hour, so I did it for him. But he survived the ordeal without any problems.

I hope the poor guy is alright.

This happen to my first betta, however he jump from his tank into a glass of water that had on my desk. I later read that they only did that when they are sick of their current environment or the water was to dirty. So I ended up getting him a bigger tank.

I hope he is ok. I once had a Crayfish escape, but that is a whole other story, LOL.

lol, yep it was fine...and still is...but, earlier on i was getting some plant debris out of the tank and im sure the same fish thinks jumping out of the tank is a game!! it was definitely staying near the edge of the tank splashing around! im going to have to watch that one :)

lol, yep it was fine...and still is...but, earlier on i was getting some plant debris out of the tank and im sure the same fish thinks jumping out of the tank is a game!! it was definitely staying near the edge of the tank splashing around! im going to have to watch that one :)

Haha, LOL. That fish needs a time-out.

Back
Top Bottom