FAMA Betta Farm Article..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know there's been a great deal of chitchat on the freshwater forums lately about the "unexplained" deaths of bettas and some other labyrinths. I think there's been some finger-pointing at the farms supplying stock from Asia, as well as the crippled lines of native betta breeders. Anyway, there's a neat little article in the June 2004 FAMA issue that goes over the breeding and rearing of bettas at an Asian farm. It's the issue with the pictures of the albino blue ahlis on the front. Just an interesting little run-through of the procedures used at the farm(s), in case anybody is interested. There's also a nice article on keeping lungfish for those of you interested in oddballs. (/tangent)

I like the comments on the use of almond leaves.. ;)

Very interesting article - I agree! Especially the accompanying photos that show how the betta bottles are actually the floor of the facility, and the workers walk on them as they do their job 8O Gene Lucas sure gets around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom