FedEx does it again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmor1701d

Aquarium Advice Addict
It doesn't happen often, but when FedEx messes up, it;s usually big time.

I placed an order with IPSF (they are in Hawaii). They shipped the live goods for Saturday delivery to the FedEx Kinko's near me. I stopped there after picking up some coral frags and there is no package. Tracking info shows the package arrived in Memphis, but nothing after that.
I called FedEx and they said there was a problemin Memphis and they would get me the package on Monday. I explained that it may be a bitt smelly by then.

To their credit IPSF told me to accept the package anyway to see what might have survived and they will ship a new order for arrival next Friday afternoon (when I will actually have time to open, aclimate, etc.)

Thanks for listening (well reading anyway).

Time to go do a PWC

Gotta love Fedex, had an issue when ordering lighting and they used fedex to ship, bulbs were broke on arrival, called company they agreed to send new ones. got these ones broke again. to make a long story short it took 4 tries for fedex to get me unbroken bulbs

I have had similiar problems with fedex. I prefer ups and ask when option is available. Only because they have not messed up, yet.

I've had problems with both. At least the vendor is calling FedEx on thise, making a claim, and reshipping the order.

Just had to vent.

I don't know what happened before it got to my Fed-X guy, but when he delivered my package from bluezoo a couple weeks ago, he carried it with both hands, walking very slowly. lol I thought that the way he was carrying it, it was a heavy box but it was actually really light.

I've been lucky so far with fed ex and ups. I had a package of corals shipped usps from a friend and the box got severely smashed....after it finally arrived a couple days after it was supposed to be here, in a plastic bag (that's a bad sign). Only a zoa frag and a bag of chaeto survived. I lost some sweet mushrooms, a small ric, and various zoas. :( It just goes to show that problems can happen with any shipper. Good to know the shipper is trying again.

On the original order the macro algae was find, not so for the clams or pods. 1 of six clams survived, half the bristleworms, micro hermits and snails survived.

The second package arrived on time and everthing was great. Pods were active, clams burried themselves within minutes of hitting the sand bed, pods were active and are doing great in the sump. The bag of pods I put in the DT were somewhat gobbled up, but I now see them in the pod pile after lights out when I shine a light in the pile.

Kudos to IPSF for the packaging and the re-ship.

Back
Top Bottom