Filter is messed up!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have a penguin biowheel, and the thing juat wont work for some reason!!!! It was on and working, we started pouring in eco complete gravel, then we noticed later that it wouldnt work even if plugged in. Must be the intake valve because water wont even fill the filter...please help!!!!

I have the same one, not the best filters.

My biowheel spins like the first week and then stops. The intake builds up gunk, and the filter media/cartridges can be built up with gunk not allowing enough water through at a time spinning the wheel.
Clean your intake and filter cartridges if they're dirty, that should fix it, its always the problem in mine.

Ok whew can the intake separate into 2 pieces so i can have a look inside? Also does it have a propeller inside or no?

Yes it should, mine does.
And there is a propeller inside.
Is eco complete sandy? I'm not familiar with that substrate.

Edit: just read it says gravel -_- lol.
I have sand in my tank and that got into the propeller not allowing it to spin fully. But with your gravel it shouldn't be a problem.

Should have a look at the propellor? Because all the tubes were clean and my cartridge was too! Im stumped

You can, just make sure it spins smoothly.

So what exactly is the problem? Biowheel is not spinning or the filter doesn't take in enough water.

I plug it in and it wont even suck up water! And ya this is weird

Yes then it overflows, but that water isnt enough to turn the wheel

Did you clean inside the tube very good? Sometimes gunk can build up by where it bends.

alex07 said:
Did you clean inside the tube very good? Sometimes gunk can build up by where it bends.

Yes running water through it doesn't remove it, you'd need to clean it with a pipe cleaner or baby bottle brush, something that can fit in there.

Ya i shined a flash ligh in there and it was shiny good lookin... Just so weird that it wont even buzz with the sound of electricity anymore or anything! Its plugged in, but absolutly nothin happens

I have this same problem! The bio-wheel does not spin. The water keeps running through the tank, the filters are clean, but that DANG BIOWHEEL won't spin! This is the one filter I regret I bought.

bruinsbro1997 said:
I have this same problem! The bio-wheel does not spin. The water keeps running through the tank, the filters are clean, but that DANG BIOWHEEL won't spin! This is the one filter I regret I bought.

Same here, I'm getting an aquaclear to replace it.

Im goint to bring it to my lfs before i ditch it. If it doesnt work then ya, bye bye bio hahah

Yess!! Brought it to my lfs and they like pulled out a secret compartment that had the propelor and cleaned all the junk away from it!! Im guessing its that dirty because i bought it used! Anyways, it works perfectly now and my 40 is clearing up nicely. Anyone with this problemo, i could tell you where the part is if anyone wants to know

Back
Top Bottom