Filter problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkc2186

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, I’ve just bought a 6 ft tank 670 litres, it is around 4.5 foot off the ground (including cabinet) I have chosen to use an external canister filter but so far I’ve had a nightmare finding one that will work. I have a fluval 406 that will only work if it is elevated, I have a tetra and an airpond one and they are the same. I’ve just connected a pump to the inlet to try and assist the process but it doesn’t seem to have had much of an impact as the water is coming out at around 50% of what it should be :-( any tips would be greatly appreciated as I’m at a loss with what to do. Thanks

That's tall! In wall build?? Look at a sump style with pump, many pumps available that push a 6' head height easily.

Its an aqua one 6ft......had a nightmare with it honestly :-( thank you for your help Brookster123 it’s appreciated

Check out the Fluval FX-6

I have the FX-5 models they are really nice and easy to use. The length they can move the water is long.

FX-6 is I think this said 10.8 feet /3.3M, you will need to purchase the extension tubes for the extra height, I think.

FX6 High Performance Canister Filter | A219 | Filtration | Fluval

If the technical specs aren't enough look up Fluval fx-6 manual and read through it. The manual for my fx-5 tells me how long the tubes are and how far it can pump height and distance.

Last edited:
Thank you Autumnsky, I have just managed to pick one up for £110, it’s massive haha

Back
Top Bottom