Finally getting a Digi Cam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice cam!

The best advice I can recommend for taking pictures of your fish is with the flash off, but plenty of lighting in the tank, and a fast shutter speed. That's the only way I've been able to get decent pictures!

Unfortunatly my camera has a very slow shutter speed. lol

-brent

I only take pics of my fish when it's dark in the room and the tank is on. If not, folks get you on the reflection and you cannot live it down :roll:

Alright Rok! I can't wait to see your pics!

I will now go against my fellow members and admit to you that I use flash. Just take a look at my clickys. Most if not all of them were taken with flash. There is a method that I employ to reduce the chances of image wash out. Take pic at angles and not directly head on. A little photo editing magic sprinkled generously and viola!

Oh...use macro and auto settings. Use the largest image resolution possible. :)

flipz said:
Nice cam!

The best advice I can recommend for taking pictures of your fish is with the flash off, but plenty of lighting in the tank, and a fast shutter speed. That's the only way I've been able to get decent pictures!

Unfortunatly my camera has a very slow shutter speed. lol

-brent

This is what it says on there that it has:
Max Shutter Speed - 1/2000 sec
Min Shutter Speed - 3 sec

Is that good? I really have no idea lol. I may actually be getting it a few days later than I thought, it hasn't shipped yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom