Finally, multiple tanks!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trickshot3102

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody! MTS (multiple tank syndrome) finally took over! I just set up my old ten gallon yesterday! I got a Betta and some Glass catfish :) I promise to post pics later!! I can't believe I have multiple tanks, and I'm already thinking about more! Lol.

How many tanks do you have running?

Four tanks running, another four in the garage waiting until I'm done with another project. We have the same bug. Can't stay off Craig's List too LoL

Four tanks running, another four in the garage waiting until I'm done with another project. We have the same bug. Can't stay off Craig's List too LoL

Wow that's a lot of tanks! The MTS bug is spreading! Lol! I also can't get away from craigslist! What size are your tanks?

Congrats on the MTS, same for me on CL I found another 6.6G Edge to add to my assortment, gotta pick it up in a day! For me that also means making one disappear, so more of an upgrade.:flowers: See my signature...

Congrats on the MTS, same for me on CL I found another 6.6G Edge to add to my assortment, gotta pick it up in a day! For me that also means making one disappear, so more of an upgrade.:flowers: See my signature...

Thanks! I thought that I would never be able to manage two tanks! Congrats on your new 6.6 G! What are you going to keep in there?

47 gallon and 16 gallon. I want a 125 gallon but my wife would divorce me! Well...at least i will have company with the fishes!

That sounds like a great set up! I also want to get a bigger tank, when I can afford it :) I always wanted a 90g :)

I have 1 55g, waiting for funds to set up my extra 10g. Also waiting to get a rain barrel for change water.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, I am still thinking about what to put in there. Since i didn't think I should get it.....lol

I have Celestial Pearl Danios, only 3 atm because they are so expensive from the lfs, 7.49 or 8.49, can't remember for sure, but with online sellers, they are around 3. each.

My tanks are all natural style and wild looking now, so maybe something more manicured with Tangerine Tiger Shrimp and CPD...Still Thinking...

If not CPD, my other tank has Axlerodi Sundanios Blue Neon, and Boraras Rasbora aka Chilis. The Chilis don't bother the shrimp, but the Sundanios are very aggressive predators and have been eating most of the tiny baby shrimp.

So my other idea is to to the tank inhabitant shuffle.

Change my 12G Edge Blue Velvet shrimp (move to 6.6G Edge) to Nano fish and only maybe do the Fire Red Shrimp in the adult form, since they are readily available, inexpensive and easy to replace. Scarlet Badis, my Neon blue Goby female and get a male. Then the Green Neons I have in one tank and the Sundanios (and maybe if not over stocked, the CPD)

Otherwise try the CPD with the Chilis and shrimp.

Then Shrimp tanks in the others. I have always wanted to do the Green Babaulti shrimp. They are hard to find and also not really the color green you seen in some of the pics online. At least that was what I found when I saw them in the lfs. So much to think about!

So much fun planning it out!

Nice! What fish do you have?

14 tiger barbs
1 rainbow shark
1bn pleco
1 kissing gourami

I just set up my 70 gallon aquaponics system, waiting for the that of colds weather to dissipate before cycling that and throwing in goldfish/plants.

Made up the plumbing for my indoor grow bed to suck the nitrates off my tropical tank this weekend.

Things in the works.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1393268422345.jpg
    1393268422345.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 74
Run, run while you still can!! MTS is a fast spreading, horribly expensive disease... Ha ha. I have 7 running at the moment, and #8 is in the set up stage. My MTS escalated rather quickly.

Run, run while you still can!! MTS is a fast spreading, horribly expensive disease... Ha ha. I have 7 running at the moment, and #8 is in the set up stage. My MTS escalated rather quickly.

WHOA! 7 tanks!?!! You are SO lucky! What sizes? MTS is a very expensive disease! Lol!

Hey everyone! Here are some pics of my second tank! Oh, don't worry, more decor is on the way! Hooray for MTS!!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393297658.762119.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393297691.372465.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393297722.734429.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393297578.839066.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393297610.904391.jpg

WHOA! 7 tanks!?!! You are SO lucky! What sizes? MTS is a very expensive disease! Lol!

I am very lucky, especially lucky that my husband puts up with my MTS. Let's see I have 4g, 10g, 20g, and 44g planted tanks, and 10g, 38g, and 120g cold-water marine tanks, with another 66 gallon cold-water marine in the works. I think the 38g will be taken down once the 66 is cycled and my bay pipefish get moved over though. I'm not sure our electrical system can support another chiller once summer hits.
Beautiful betta!

I am very lucky, especially lucky that my husband puts up with my MTS. Let's see I have 4g, 10g, 20g, and 44g planted tanks, and 10g, 38g, and 120g cold-water marine tanks, with another 66 gallon cold-water marine in the works. I think the 38g will be taken down once the 66 is cycled and my bay pipefish get moved over though. I'm not sure our electrical system can support another chiller once summer hits.
Beautiful betta!

Thanks! He's my little Richard! Lol! Do you have a fish room? I don't even think my apartment could come up with the electricity to power all that! Lol!

I don't have a fish room, unfortunately. I've got a small tank in the kitchen, 2 tanks (soon to be 3) in the living room, and 3 in the ferrets room (I have to keep an eye out all the time when those 2 little boogers are out to make sure they don't unplug or dismantle anything). Oh, and I have brine shrimp growing in a tank in one of the bathrooms. Ha ha, but that's a new thing I'm trying. So far so good, but they are still tiny... we'll see if I can get to survive to a decent size.

I don't have a fish room, unfortunately. I've got a small tank in the kitchen, 2 tanks (soon to be 3) in the living room, and 3 in the ferrets room (I have to keep an eye out all the time when those 2 little boogers are out to make sure they don't unplug or dismantle anything). Oh, and I have brine shrimp growing in a tank in one of the bathrooms. Ha ha, but that's a new thing I'm trying. So far so good, but they are still tiny... we'll see if I can get to survive to a decent size.

So you don't have a fish room, you have a fish house! Lol! I actually considered putting a tank on my dining room table!

I've thought about that as well. Lol. I would really like one in the bedroom but my husband is such a light sleeper it would keep him awake. I really want to put a false wall in the living room, and build a whole wall of tanks, then I could keep all the tanks in one room (after upgrading the electrical). The local aquarium has walls set up like that, and every time I see them I'm like "someday..."

Back
Top Bottom