Finally posted some pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QTOFFER

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got around to borrowing a digital camera from work and posting some pics of my corys and tetras in my gallery. I didn't bother posting the danios because they were nothing more than a horizontal striped blur. :?

The camera I borrowed is a Nikon Coolpix 5700. I'm thinking of getting one since it's relatively small and takes fantastic indoor and outdoor shots. However, there is a significant lag time between pressing the button and the shutter opening. I also have to learn more about the flash modes and macro functions - guess I have no choice but to read the %$#@&* manual.:twisted:

Its a Coolpix...dont expect too much from it
its a great camera but i wouldnt expect the shutter speed to be fast at all ;)

i am still reading the manual for my Canon : :|

gonna head to check out your shots!

Nice shot of the cory!

Just a suggestion, but forget the flash, and turn off the red eye thingie (if its on). There will still be a delay, but doing that will cut it down somewhat. If you're taking higher quality pics, you can always lighten them in an editing program without messing em up.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!
As I become more familiar with this #$%@ camera, I will post more (and hopefully better) pics.

I have been interested in macro photography since high school. I have a manual-focus Minolta with an auto bellows, a ring light, a variety of macro lenses, you name it. Most of my subjects have been live insects and plants - now they will be fish. :D

I am currently shopping for a good digital camera and I'm willing to spend up to $2000. If anyone has any suggestions and/or warnings, I would greatly appreciate them since I am totally new to the world of auto-focus digital cameras.

I have the Canon PowerShot G3, which is awesome. It's an auto-focus, but also has Manual mode, and macro (and I'm still reading the manual on these features!). My brother splurged for the G5, but he uses it for work. I'm not sure it's worth the extra $ to go from 4 to 5 megapixels.

Here's a good review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong5/

I would recommend doing some good online research on cameras, and then going to the store and actually holding the cameras you're interested in. Everyone has different preferences and needs for how their camera should "feel", where the buttons are, etc., and it's good to get a camera that feels comfortable and confident in your hands.

Have fun shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom