Fish in the morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayjangle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Do you guys notice peculiar/lovable behavior in your fish when they notice you first thing in the morning?

My fancy (7 months old now) is in his own tank and he seems to get restless at night, so I began draping a towel over his tank around 10:00 every night to help him sleep. I really love taking the towel off of it every morning, because he does this thing where he notices me, gives me a sort of "oh, hello there" face before creeping up and doing his normal 'feed me' dance.

Simple, but this sort of thing is why I love goldfish in particular. Also, when the two young'uns in their own tank notice me after waking up, they do their own feeding dance while constantly crossing paths. It looks like they have a coordinated trade-off dance.

One of my newer Betta is so curious, first thing when you come close is he comes straight over and squares off at the person, or cat, like he's sizing you up and really looks into your eyes. He's a white fish with BIG black eyes, when he sees it is me he expects to get fed, ...immediately! If is isn't me, he just stares into the eyes head on even the cat he does this with, so different, most of the time they will just do the feed me dance.

My 2 male Bolivian rams have different territories and don't like to hang out together. In the morning, when I turn on the light, I find them together. After a few minutes, they figure out that they are together and quickly go there separate ways.

Back
Top Bottom