Fish Maintenace Business

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ryan-peddle said:
Contracts are key not obligating them to so many years of service but to let them know what your responsible for and sometimes meds don't works and there will always be unexplainable things happening and if the client adds something to the tank themselves that your not responsible for what happens to the tank I also set up quarantine at my house so I can observe new fish before adding them to their system just so they know your not stealing their fish you are just qting them for a month

+1000 just to cover you

Or- just let the customer know. You are not responsible for their fish. Something can happen out of your control. I'd recommend you make them purchase their own fish- or if you get access to a wholesaler- ask the wholesaler to hold the fish for a week to observe it.

Jlsardina said:
Or- just let the customer know. You are not responsible for their fish. Something can happen out of your control. I'd recommend you make them purchase their own fish- or if you get access to a wholesaler- ask the wholesaler to hold the fish for a week to observe it.

I've watched enough judge judy, get it in writing so each party will know who's responsible for what.

Jlsardina said:

That's tottaly up to you that's just one aspect of my business I started doing a couple years ago and it's having positive results

One quick question are you planning on keeping it simple for now and see how things go?? What will be the services you offer?

Maintenance including:

Water chemistry
Scrubbing
Vacuuming
Once settled includes a canister content wash
Salinity test
Clean approach with footy's and floor mats
Water change with RO including additives
Wipe front
Answer questions and leave them information pamphlets if they can email the question before hand that way i can get them the best answer in writing for them to reference.

I want to leave them a tank folder including a copy of each service with results and the other side for the questions and answers. That way they will be learning! Thats very important!

I hope this works, ive wanted this since i was a little girl with a room full of oceans, buckets, test kits, hoses.... Lol

So how did you get your first clients? And how much was the initial start up???? I would love to do this. Just afraid to kick start it off. Did you do it part time at first?

How many clients do you have now?

I was very scared!

Lots of research into small businesses. Try sba. Gov.

also looked at a CPA to do all my paperwork to become an LLC. That assured timeliness and accuracy.

Looked at different forms of liability coverage and ALL possible catastrophes that COULD happen. State Farm was the best choice.

Looked at advertising with Google, Facebook, Yellow Pages and direct mailers. Car magnets, business cards, flyers and brochures i like a company called gotprint or the ole vista print.

Finally the business plan...
What are your values? Why do you want to do this? What will the company promise to the customers?

The important thing is to be honest and open with them. No hidden anything! No stupid contracts and no BS. Just clean there tanks and be done. The people out there who don't get it are the ones that get a lawyer to write up a clause keeping them a customer for 12 months! THE CUSTOMER DECIDES if they want to stay.... I cant get out of my cell phone contract why would i want another one.

Good luck to you! I ask and still ask a lot of questions, even when i know the answer just to get a different perspective. So with that being said, no one knows everything about our beloved swimming friends but thats what makes the world swim round; knowledge is power!

Well good luck and I wish you success. Thanks for the few places to start researching. I know I am no where near rdy but I definitely don't want to install granite countertops the rest of my life.

Its ok brother i don't want to be a firefighter fir the rest of my life ether. Its God calling thats why i do it.

I forgot total spent is:

$550.00

Back
Top Bottom