Fish Novel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchafishaboo

Aquarium Advice Activist
i know this might sound lame, but i am thinking of writing a novel about fish, a bit like nemo, but with goldfish and other coldwater/temperate fish. I am having my real goldfish as a character, his name is Jaws, he will play a lead role. i was just wondering if there were any suggestions about character names and a plot line from the aqua experts themselves. here is a picture of Jaws

Attachments

• JAWS my goldfish.jpg
    JAWS my goldfish.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 271
i know this might sound lame, but i am thinking of writing a novel about fish, a bit like nemo, but with goldfish and other coldwater/temperate fish. I am having my real goldfish as a character, his name is Jaws, he will play a lead role. i was just wondering if there were any suggestions about character names and a plot line from the aqua experts themselves. here is a picture of Jaws

Maybe an idea is that there is this goldfish in this community tank, and no one respects him. But when his owner has to do a science project he chooses the goldfish. The goldfish wants to make his owner proud and win first place. And the fish in the tank try to help him. But he finds out that the owner is notorious for accidentally killing his fish during projects. Can he survive the project, win first place and truly win the respect of his tank mates?

Good luck on the story!

Maybe an idea is that there is this goldfish in this community tank, and no one respects him. But when his owner has to do a science project he chooses the goldfish. The goldfish wants to make his owner proud and win first place. And the fish in the tank try to help him. But he finds out that the owner is notorious for accidentally killing his fish during projects. Can he survive the project, win first place and truly win the respect of his tank mates?

Good luck on the story!
thank you very much, i very much like the plot line, do you have any names for the characters? what about the species? i will use this plot line and if you send me your email i can give you first looks on what the novel looks like when it has been finished

I think a cool story would be about how the goldfish is in a community tank and gets bullied because of his indifference and the ditzy owner notices so he puts him in a tiny aquarium bowl. Jaws then has to learn to survive in those conditions while trying to befriend his old tank mates in the big tank and eventually finding a way back into it.

For characters, you could do all his tank mates and the owner :)

i like thew idea, that could be his challenge ? it could be how long can you keep a fish away from its tank mates with out it dying? what species could the tank mates be?

i could have a lead bully and that could be a panda moor, i like those and if they were humans i sense they would be *****y. i know it sounds weird but fish have still got personality's and you can judge a book by its cover ;)

thank you very much, i very much like the plot line, do you have any names for the characters? what about the species? i will use this plot line and if you send me your email i can give you first looks on what the novel looks like when it has been finished

Maybe a character can be Finch a feisty Tiger barb, his character could be tough and the hardest character for Jaws to win over.

Sheila: An elegant angelfish, while she is a tad snobby and self centered but has a kind heart once you get to know her.

Bolt: a bright yellow Glofish with a bright and joyous personality to match. he is kind and easygoing and stays out of drama.

Fire Fin: Fire for short. A orange and red guppy with a dramatic full tail. He is stuck up and is a beautiful fish but on the inside his heart is less than kind.

Mundungous: A large fat pearl scale goldfish. He is pretty friendly but never tease him about his name! You could add a scene in the story about how Jaws accidentely offends him and starts his new addition to the tank at a rocky start.

Martha: Mundungous's wife, a sweet little fish, she is the mother fish of the tank and loves caring for the tank mates.

If you like these suggestions i can make up some more characters for you.
:fish1::fish1::fish2::fish2:

I really do like those idea's, could you maybe include an elder panda moor, seems quite selfish and snobby, like a main bully?

I really do like those idea's, could you maybe include an elder panda moor, seems quite selfish and snobby, like a main bully?

Red Foo: the leader of the tank. He's been alive longer than anyone. If you know him he dislikes you. If he doesn't know you he hates you. He has battle wounds but wont tell anyone what their from.
In the end Jaws could ask Red Foo why he hates him so much. And he could reply he is jealous of Jaws young age and his naive behavior. He missing being young and it was naive behavior that gave him wounds.

Great idea!!! He could try to eventually stand up to the bully :)

Red Foo: the leader of the tank. He's been alive longer than anyone. If you know him he dislikes you. If he doesn't know you he hates you. He has battle wounds but wont tell anyone what their from.
In the end Jaws could ask Red Foo why he hates him so much. And he could reply he is jealous of Jaws young age and his naive behavior. He missing being young and it was naive behavior that gave him wounds.
fantastic ideas, can you email me at mitch.wilkinson@sky.com for more conversations, i will give you updates and if possible get some help when i am stuck?

i'm starting to think i could make the intro about how he lived in a tank with his parents until he was in his teenage stages, but both of his parents died and the owner didn't want him in the tank and decided to give him to a very close friend, Jaws had only ever thought there were his type of fish out there, but when he got into his new tank, his life when tipsy tursy. how does this sound?

That's a great idea!!!! Don't like the name tho lol :) maybe something like dawn or shadow or something dark and eery.

That's a great idea!!!! Don't like the name tho lol :) maybe something like dawn or shadow or something dark and eery.
i think he chose red foo because old goldfish originated in oriental countries (china, japan, hong kong)

i would like some more characters, like his parents and his owner's names, how about any crustaceans? thank you very much for this help

Parents hmmm........ that's a hard one

But maybe instead of Red Foo: it could be Night Hawk!

As for crustaceans maybe a fiddler crab? Named Clause? If you google fiddler crab, it could you give you ideas on the character personality.

how about the fiddler crab is loyal, he was found living in a ship wreck and found when the owner went diving, he is terrified of new fish and has a phobia of starfish and algi, he is the most solitude in the tank, and it takes a lot to get him to talk to you, and when you do, he is always miserable and brings up his dream of going back to the ocean and marrying a lobster

Back
Top Bottom