Fish store! Almost there....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodeo one

Aquarium Advice Addict
So it s an hour drive to my not so local LFS . Love going tho, makes me happy, happy! Getting plants , returning the Appistos ( the male is harassing everything in the tank), neon Tetras & a few things for setting up a 50g for the Angels & loaches. So much better than being at work or at home pulling weeds. Hope everyone else is having a good Saturday!

Lucky you, I got not sleep, ran around most of the day, and mowed the lawn! At least tomorrow will me my day to go to one of my lfs to get new lighting, DW, heater and canister filter for my soon to be 45 gallon dirt tank!

Isn t setting up a new tank just the best! Heading home now with new lights,DW , plants,etc. Had to order the sand & filter parts , so looking at a 2 wk delay but better to go slow. Be sure & put pics up of your dieted, ok?

I really love the 'planning' part of fish keeping. Not that I love everything that comes with keeping fish. It just let's the creative side of us come out.

Yeeaaahh.....about the planning part. Bought plants & came home & started cleaning the tank to fill it & think I need to re silicone the seams. Ugh. Luckily I have a 10g hospital tank up & running, so happy day for the Cory...guess what little dude, you re cured! Back to the 55g. She still looks like crap but after 3 different treatments, I give up. All others seem fine so....

I definitely will. I was gonna put Java Moss on DW but now I'm second guessing self. I'm not doing any foreground plants, mid ground and back ground strictly, also have rocks I've been collecting to make caves (planning on buying 3 cockatoo cichlids and having them breed). I'm definitely looking forward to doing something else but work, house work and preparing the baby's room!

Ok then.....halfway into re siliconing the old tank, two injuries later....headed to Petco to buy a new **** tank. Not doing this....

Cute bandaids! Have fun picking up a nice new tank that doesn't need resealing!

Making progress! Had the plants in the 10g tank while the temp. adjusted in the new 55g. Moved them tonight, in a holding pattern until the sand & filter parts come in. This hobby is all about patience!!

image-58140775.jpg

This is my plan, think the loaches will love zooming under the 'bridge'. Just hope I can put it together like I m envisioning it.

image-3084119293.jpg

55g build!!! So excited, putting the tank together, finally! Here s my rock layout....

image-3681953880.jpg

To be continued....

And done! Plenty of room for the Angels & for the Loaches to race around. Just gotta get cycled.

image-1650682292.jpg

Attachments

• image-1799034438.jpg
    image-1799034438.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3529482002.jpg
    image-3529482002.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 129
Once I have the Angels & loaches moved in, will just have Otos, Platys & Cories in the original tank. What should I get that will be über peaceful but interesting to look at?

Once I have the Angels & loaches moved in, will just have Otos, Platys & Cories in the original tank. What should I get that will be über peaceful but interesting to look at?

i would add more schooling fish such as the rainbows, they're always my personal fav. i would suggest add more plants such as crypts to make the different regions of your tank more smooth in terms of transition.

Back
Top Bottom