Fish tank kings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs.h2012 said:
You mean wade's wife? She gets on my nerves too.

Her and the other lady are so teenager-girl-y if you know what I mean.

Yea out of those shows I prefer FTK simply because tanked has to much filler(them screwing off) and seems a bit staged. At least on FTK you've got someone trying to explain why he's stocking this with this or that with that. I think if they actually packed some info into these shows they'd be a lot better. Something more than just entertainment value. I think it's also bad in a sense that beginners see this on tv and will just dive into the hobby without research because they thought it was cool on tv. Don't get me wrong though, entertainment value is good but they need to put up a disclaimer or actually put some meat and potatoes into the show instead of just fluff.

I have to fast forward a lot of stuff because it seems so set up or staged at times. That guys wife (red hair lady) drives me insane!

Yup. She is annoying... :blink: Gets on my nerves too. See I think FTK is the one who stages a lot of their stuff.

Scottyhorse said:
Yup. She is annoying... :blink: Gets on my nerves too. See I think FTK is the one who stages a lot of their stuff.

I'm sure they both do. Just seems like tanked is more poorly acted. At least to me it does. But then again I've criticized acting before that a lot of people thought was great. If anybody here watches sons of anarchy the scene with Tig and his daughter in the first episode of season 5 I thought was terribly acted by Kim Coates but a lot of people thought it was great.

I'm sure they both do. Just seems like tanked is more poorly acted. At least to me it does. But then again I've criticized acting before that a lot of people thought was great. If anybody here watches sons of anarchy the scene with Tig and his daughter in the first episode of season 5 I thought was terribly acted by Kim Coates but a lot of people thought it was great.

Haha you are probably right. I have never watched that before, but I have watched the Roots mini series, and the main charachter would switch legs when he was limping sometimes, :lol:

Scottyhorse said:
Haha you are probably right. I have never watched that before, but I have watched the Roots mini series, and the main charachter would switch legs when he was limping sometimes, :lol:

That's funny. Yea I catch little stuff like that all the time.

Me and my husband LOVE sons of anarchy! We only have 1-3 on DVD though, haven't got season 4 yet!

Mrs.h2012 said:
Atleast now we don't have to wait until next year for it to be back!

Yea September is still going to feel like forever. It's the last 2 months that's the worst. When they start to advertise and give you like one clip just to tease you.

I just remembered an episode of tanked that really bothered me. This little kid came in with his allowance money wanting a shark tank if I remember right. Anyways they ended up gutting a tv and putting a small tank in it. Pretty neat idea I think. The thing that bothered me was that they put bala sharks in this tank that would be better suited for a single betta. The fact that they gave this kid a fish that's going to die sooner than later because of how small the tank is really irritated me.

Wolfsblood said:
I remember that one. I felt the same way. They did tell the kid that he would have to rehome them but still.

Did they tell him that? Musta missed that, maybe I was still yelling at them through the tv. Either way its not right.

Yeah at the very end. I remember I went to work the next day and right when I walked in my buddy had this look on his face. I said "Tanked?" He said "Ya what the heck was that about"

I always assumed in tanked that all the filters/water and supply they use are pre-prepped to be fully ready for fish... Like maybe they have a GIANT tank just constantly cycled for them to use water/filter media out of when they set up the tanks. Am I crazy for thinking that??? I also love SOA. We just started watching it a month ago, netflix has season 1-4 and then we bought season 5 on amazon for 15$. I can not wait till next year!!!

Back
Top Bottom