fish tanks in movies AAAARGH!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Blue rings can fit in the palm of your hand. That is why there are deaths from their bites coz when they get angry they get the blue rings and look cute enough for some people to want to hold them. Nast lil things.

And speaking of Finding Nemo. You think people would have got the point that it is bad to take fish off the reef. There was an article in the newspaper yesterday that said many breeding grounds of clown fish are almost devoid of them because of the now high demand for the fish and that in some places they are close to being wiped out.

On Mtvs" the seventies house " or something like that, I saw what looked like goldfish, being kept in a blender..not exactly... alot of space..nor..safe

I don't usually pay that much attention to fishtanks in shows, but last night an old episode of Mythbusters got to me. They were testing the theory that goldfish have a three second memory and went to a LFS to get all their supplies. They showed one of them carrying out a tank, followed by the other with the fish. Cut back to their workshop and Adam starts saying that Jamie used to own a pet store.

I told my husband that it was just wrong, that the tank needed to cycle first. He just gave me the "It's TV" look.

Sure enough, after the comercial break, Adam's tank was cloudy and one fish was dead. Called the LFS (which, BTW now has nationial coverage of their bad advice :twisted: ) and then found out about the 4-8 week cycle.

There was an advert that made me want discus lol. It was addvertising a shelf or something like that and showed some one putting it up etc .....

"Its very Strong" etc ...

Then there was a Discus tank on it at the end when they had finished it. I wanted that tank so much lol.

three second memory? How did they prove that? Mine have a long detailed memory of who feeds them and where :)
Oh do you remember the name of the store?? I know mythbusters is filmed here. Be interesting to know which one it was.

Actually, they designed mazes for each set of fish to go through, using tank dividers and their own theories. Jamie used bright orange plastic and made them associate that with food to encourage them to swim through the holes. At the end of the test (45 days, I think) his fish would go through the three holes in around 40 seconds. Adam's 2 surviving fish didn't do as well with his designed maze. Still, theory busted.

I don't remember the exact name of the store. It was something along the lines of Goldfish World or Goldfish Heaven...

Goldfish World or Goldfish Heaven

LOL! Yeah sounded like the guy running it was really running a "heaven" after selling them fish with bad info.
If there is food involved, goldfish definitley retain memory longer than 3 seconds :) I actually never heard that before.
But whats funny is that on Animal Planet they have a promo saying something like "How would you like to live in a world where your memory is only 3 seconds" while showing a goldfish. Guess the two network dont communicate much :D

Could it have been Nippon Goldfish Co. ?

I recently just watched Creepshow (1981) directed by Stephen King and George Romero.. in one scene it showed a standard 4-6 foot tank, and i saw at least a volitan lion, some damsels, yellow tang, queen angel and a moray of some sort..

WHAT THE?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom