Fish that you bred

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are some fish that you bred???

Tank size?? Did you want them to bred?? How many fry if any? Just wondering ! I had platy that had a batch of 45fry and trying to breed yellow labs.

Guppies, swordtails, geramn blue rams. Of course i wanted them to breed. That way i need more tanks. Lol.

My black molly and my orange balloonbelly bred in my community tank 3 times last year. The last brood I caught her and put her in a breeder net and she had 60 babies. I used most of them as feeder fish in my tiger barb tank and my sons cichlid tank. I did keep a few though. 1 is a plain brown molly with black marks in its fins, 1 is a black and orange molly and 4 are black and orange balloon bellys. I think the mixed colors are sometimes referred to as bumblebee breeds.

Brichardi and they was meant to breed and red empress cichlids pure luck lol in different tanks of course 55g and 65g

I've bred guppies sort of on purpose (bought males and females, lol, no more work than that) and my angelfish spawned a few times. I was very surprised when I came home to those eggs. Only raised one little baby though.

CONVICTS FLOWERHORNS. and Brichardi I once bred a Midas wit a flowerhorn but the hardest to get to breed were my bettas but I successfuly raised 2 of the fry to adulthood (out of over a hundred) lol

Guppies, mollies, platys, swordtails, corys, convict cichlids, angelfish, bettas and, well, almost, Bolivian Rams (my male has cleared rocks, dug nests, and is constantly flirting, but the lady will have nothing to do with him :( )

breed

i have bred platys 3 times and have been sucsessful every time i have fry in my tanks currently.:dance:

Oh man , in order to save my keyboard I am just listing the species and the number of variants I've bred here we go,
Apistogramma
agassizi 5 variants
cacatuoides 4 variants
sp. pebas
sp. morado
borelli 3 variants
alacrina
bitaeniata 4 variants
panduro 2 variants
nijsseni
atahualpa
cruzi
eunotus 2 variants
gephyra
steindachneri
gibbiceps
hongsloi 2 variants
iniridae
uapesi
macmasteri
norberti
wilhelmi
pertensis
sp. steel blue
erythrura
trifasciata

Other dwarves
Bolivian ram
Blue ram(wild)
German ram
Gold ram
Biotoecus opercularis
Dicrossus maculatus
Dicrossus filamentosa
Taeniacara candidi
Laeticara curviceps
N. brevis
N. callarius
N. occelatus
N. signatus
N. multifasciatus
Crenicichla regani

Killies
F. gardneri 2 variants
F. fallax
A. striatum
A. australe 2 variants
C. bivitattum 3 variants
C. bitaeniatum
C. splendopluere

Others
Rhinogobius duospilous/wui
Dario dario
Badis badis
Elassoma evergladei
there are most likely a few that I missed so we can call this the short list(y)

jewel cichlids- rainbow cichlids- angel fish- sward tails-guppys- shrimp- rams horn snails- fire mouth cichlids- ob peacock cichlids. snow white cichlids- acei cichlids- yellow lab cichlids----- i have 22 tanks set up so far

guppies and mollies, lol. but when my tank upgrades come im hoping that i will breed texas cichlids, convicts, fire mouths, angels, german blue rams, kribensis, least killifish possibly labs and a few others :)

Back
Top Bottom