fishy bargins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onimusha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
have u ever had a bargin on a tank or fish? at times facebook groups have really nice tanks on offer where people are moving house or or due to ill health or something.

A bargain isn't always a bargain
I bought this pleco 15+ years ago for 99 cents he was about 3/4 of a inch in size
nice bargain right , I think not I was told way back when he would only grow to about
2 1/2 inches , well 15+ years later he is now 18 1/2 inches and has cost me way over $300 in tank upgrades,
If you think it's a good deal it probably isn't!!!!
this pict was taken 2 1/2 years ago when he was only 16 inch ,
he just keeps growing and growing and growing if he don't stop soon I'll need another tank
60069-albums10912-picture46864.jpg

lol I got one and its about 16inches in length, mines darker brown though and its a common plec aparently. iv seen really chubby ones at aquatics, thats long and fat, it seems they are going to reach 20inches. they are not cleaners lol they leave poo trails everywhere, lucky I do regular scooping up on gravel yeah.

Got my 180 litre tank it was 25 Euro (about 35 dollars I think), came with decor, filter, light. Just needed gravel and to build a stand. 2nd tank a 110 litre bow front with stand, filter, light, heater for 50Euro. Both going well, fingers crossed

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom