Fishy jobs anywhere?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mako_

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sorry if the title is kind of cheesy but I live in New Jersey and I am looking for a job at a LFS or something that has to do with fish. A LFS is the only thing I have in mind that I could do with fish. I am 17 so I don't know if a LFS will hire me or not. I signed up for Petsmart but they sent a messege saying I was too young. I am having trouble finding a fish store that is hiring. Anyone in New Jersey know any place that will hire a 17 year old? I don't think I could work at an aquarium since that is so advance.

I was thinking about applying at petsmart too, but I don't know if I want to work there because a lot of those people dont know anything about fish and I would get a bad rep for it! On the other hand it might be beneficial to have someone there who actually knows a thing or two about fish....

i don't think i've ever been to a large aquarium, but are there jobs there that don't have to do with the fish? i mean, i know you want a job with fish but at least you could be around fish. then maybe they'd let you move up or to a different position... just a thought... and loganmomma1228, you should go for it. if the employees don't listen to you maybe at least the customers will :)

i don't think i've ever been to a large aquarium, but are there jobs there that don't have to do with the fish? i mean, i know you want a job with fish but at least you could be around fish. then maybe they'd let you move up or to a different position... just a thought... and loganmomma1228, you should go for it. if the employees don't listen to you maybe at least the customers will :)

I was thinking about that but all I know that they may have me do is being a janitor and I really won't be happy with that. I want a job that I'll be happy doing.

Wish you were local.... I'd hire ya to do water changes. :p

Where in jersey? I know the petco up by me is hiring
I live in South Jersey. A few hours away from the Cape May point.

Wish you were local.... I'd hire ya to do water changes. :p

Believe it or not, I actually like doing water changes so that would beniefit me too. I understand that some people don't like doing too many of them which is reasonable but so far I enjoy them.

I like water changes too, it's kind of relaxing for me. Except the first time that was a disaster lol. Now that I have it down pat though it is nice and relaxing for me to tend to the tank. It is like my little zen garden. :)

At most aquariums, they have a "petting zoo" area, where kids come in and can touch the urchins, starfish, etc. If you went in and showed them that you knew what you were talking about, they might hire you for the summer. :)

Back
Top Bottom