Found Nemo...in kit form!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just when we though it couldn't get any worse.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2331452933&category=3212
Here, you can order you live Nemo kit. I don't, of course, know if this guy is really up on SW and sending good info with these "kits" or not. But, I think the principle is a recipe for disaster. I can see the orange and white corpses piling up now :x . Sea monkeys were one thing, but this is too much!

The auction says you get a care sheet. Hope its acutally more complete than some other "video" instructions that have been done recently.

Even with care sheet, how many people are going to set it all up right, then allow the clowns to languish in their spacious 7 gal home? How many will get tired of the salt creep from the air stone and decide to shut it down...either waiting for the fish to die or flushing them? I just don't think it's a good idea.

Ok, my opinion. This is an utter disgrace to our hobby. This guy or girl says they have been in the SW hobby for 50 years and the link to the website takes you to none other than a poorly designed FW site that barely has any info...I think we can chalk this one up to just as bad if not worse than the Tetra Fiasco....

I would like to contact E-bay and let them know of this so that innocent fish do not get killed....

I do realize however, that people will stop at nothing to earn a dollar, but that is another story...

All I can hope for, is that people will not buy it...

I look forward to providing you with a terrific fishing experience.
What is this? Is he sending a toy fishing pole with it also??? :twisted:

My cousin was telling me about his boss and her family were at the beach, and her 4 year old daughter wanted Nemo. On their kitchen table now sits a 5 gallon tank with Nemo1 and Nemo2. No aquatic experience prior to this. My cousin has some, so I told him to keep an eye out on her. Yeesh...

-j

I know that seller (not persoally but i've seen them around aquabid). They have bettas for pretty high prices (and there not the niced IMO). But i really don't think its a good idea, imagin how many kids are out there that saw the movie and now want a Nemo! And now the parents can buy them a kit....kids love them for a while, then get bord and move onto something new. Then bye bye fishy.... :cry:

ashley

Or you could be like me and I think it is OK to tell my kids "No" and explain why it is a bad idea. My eight year old daughter loves her Rosy barbs and Red eye Danio's. She is learning about water changes and to check the different levels of the water. This way, to me at least, It is an educational and fun process. Not "Lets get a Nemo" and the parents do all the work.
How many poor Dalmations were in-breed after the movie was released. OK I am off my soap box now :roll:

shame ... this is a shame .. I know I know anything for a buck ...
Poor Poor fishies .. You think we could do a counter ad
" If you are bored with your clowns send them to us ,Don't flush the clowns"
Not making light if this I am serious can we rescue them somehow??

Very good Vanilla. Its nice to see parents not giving in the 'PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE" crys from little billy and judy.

Kids and fish do mix as long as its an educational process. I read the monthly column in Fish Aquarium Mag that is entitled Fish Kids and I find it amazing at the knowlege that some of these young people have.

Not making light if this I am serious can we rescue them somehow??

Sure, if your in the local area you could pick them up or have them brought to you but if your not local the specific packaging needs might cause it to be less desirable to acutally give the fish a good home.

Its awful to think but most of america see fish as some lower form of life and if given the option of flushing vs spending $30 to ship a fish that they no longer want or can care for. What do you think would be the more popular method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom