Frogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysticalkitten

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just saw that one of my frogs in my ten gallon tank that lives with guppys and neons only in a planted tank with a drift wood tree and two nitrite snails has a little white spot on it's back. I can't tell if it's fungus or not. It's not growing at all does not seem to bother him. I've had him for a year now. The other frog looks fine. Should I treat him with anything or leave him alone? Reading some of the fish stuff for fungus nothing on frogs.:ermm:

Treatment for the frogs to me is uncharted territory for diseases. Probably not Ich, I was told only fish are hosts for that.

See if it wipes off with a cotton swab, or you could tie a cotton swab on a chop stick if you can't quite get that close.

Check water parameters and do a pwc if not in the safe zone and maybe vac out any crud in the substrate especially feeding areas and low flow corners which can accumulate "stuff".

No it's not geting worse and it's not growing I just notice one day he had it. I can't really rub it because one he's so small and geting him hell hop right out of the water. The only ting I can think of is maybe he rubbed him self wrong on the new spider drift wood I have in the tank. It bothers me more than him.

Back
Top Bottom