Funny stories :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piggypie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if you guys had any cute/funny stories about your fish/inverts :)
Today I brought home a really small female betta and a black background for my community tank. My larger female betta is usually pretty passive and I have lots of good hiding spots, but I was worried she might pick on the tiny one, so I was keeping a pretty close eye on the tank. I little while later I noticed my larger female was more flared up than I'd ever seen her before, but to my surprise the little one wasn't anywhere near her. Turns out she was upset with the background change xD not sure if there's more of her own reflection or if she just feels intruded upon, but I'll wait a few days to see if she adjusts... if not might need to change it... Here're pics of how she looks normally and after noticing the background:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393226470.492238.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393226502.637741.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393226533.357930.jpg

Thanks :) I got lucky. A little over a year ago I bought one of those "baby bettas" from petco (I didn't know then about how that's usually a bad idea), and this is what the she turned into.

I have 3. 1 was a phsychotic (sp?) Male gupoy I had. He would axt normal for a long time then suddenly spend hours swimming like he was sick or exhausted and stake out a cave. Anything that came near was chased off!
2 was a ..... special cory. He couldnt swim a straight line. Only loopy loops. He would be upside down ajd sideways and all other directions!
3 was a wild caught crayfish I was terrified of. It had the biggest claws I have ever seen and it was beside my bed in an open top tank. First night I koved my bed away from the tank lol after I finally got a bit klre comfortable I woke up to hear scratching on the wall. Yep it was him. He did not go back into the tank lol

I have 3. 1 was a phsychotic (sp?) Male gupoy I had. He would axt normal for a long time then suddenly spend hours swimming like he was sick or exhausted and stake out a cave. Anything that came near was chased off!
2 was a ..... special cory. He couldnt swim a straight line. Only loopy loops. He would be upside down ajd sideways and all other directions!
3 was a wild caught crayfish I was terrified of. It had the biggest claws I have ever seen and it was beside my bed in an open top tank. First night I koved my bed away from the tank lol after I finally got a bit klre comfortable I woke up to hear scratching on the wall. Yep it was him. He did not go back into the tank lol

Aw did he go back home

The larger female and my tetras ate the poor little fish while I was gone :'( everything was fine this morning... All that's left is it's head....

The 3 bn catfish are like the 3 stooges. Each will get an algae wafer and hump back with it but always go off line and end up with tails touching...

#1 'what the heck, is there something behind me, be still be still'

#2 'nothing touched, nothing touched - arrrggg - abort mission, abort...'

Back
Top Bottom