Girlfriend tapping the glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jspires688

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone else run in to this problem no matter how many times I tell her that when she wants a fishes attention she can't hit the glass she is determined it won't hurt

Does anyone else run in to this problem no matter how many times I tell her that when she wants a fishes attention she can't hit the glass she is determined it won't hurt

Try tapping her on her head twice as hard every time she does ... see if THAT gets her attention.:whistle:

At least she's not banging on the glass open palm like my kids:D

Just drives me crazy my five year old understands that he can't do it but not her she just pecks away

Just drives me crazy my five year old understands that he can't do it but not her she just pecks away

Yep .. I feel your pain ... trying to tell my kids not to bang on the glass is like:deadhorse:

Maybe your 5 year old can explain the etiquettes of aquarium glass tapping.:nono:

You could always pound on a wall when she's resting or reading a book and tell her that it's pretty much the equivalent.

You could try telling her every time she taps the glass, the fish are thinking "look at this fool tapping the glass to get our attention.":facepalm:

If all else fails ... tell her by banging on the glass, she not being sensitive to the fish's needs:brows:

You realize however .. there's no guarantee on either.:banghead:

I would like to sneak up on her in the bath tub with her ear under water and hit it with a baseball bat lol

i have 4 kids ranging in age from 1 to 8 getting them to stop tapping or leaning or putting their hands on the tank is almost impossible lol

When she's taking a nap... Get the 5 year old to jump on her and open her eyes... Then tell her that's what the fish go through whenever she taps on the glass.

If you have a glass shower tell her to get in, turn on the cold water and start banging on the glass. My girlfriend is one of the environmental people so she's pretty conscientious of glass tapping. Lucky me lol.

Yes you are lucky I don't see why it's so hard for her to understand I mean this hobby is not cheap it's like she is trying to kill a couple thousand dollars for no reason lol

I think I might put up a sign that's really a good idea I think she will like it to

You better watch out your lady doesn't read this thread...or you will be severely punished for about a week ;)

Back
Top Bottom