Glasscats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysticalkitten

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two glasses that I've had for a year. I got them when they were small. There in a heavy planted tank with five guppies,two Corey's and frogs. They like hideing in the tall plants towards the back of the tank. But when it's feeding time I see them attacking each other swimming next to each other shoveing and biting each other faces on the sides. It looks like an all out war. Then when all the food is gone there best buds again. One is a little bit biger than the other. And they get along with all the fish even being aggressive even when feeding just with each other. ??

Might be good to add one or two more Glass Cats. That will likely spread out the aggression.
Tropical fish aren't known for good table manners, and don't like to share. Lol.

Even if the new glass cats are smaller do you think it will work. There fine swimming through the plants not fighting it's just when it comes to feeding that they chase each other and really that that fighting.

Often times adding smaller members of the same species pose less a threat to the larger established group, resulting in more accepting behavior. You can also go the opposite approach, add larger Glasscats.

I had just a couple which I adopted, and they seemed to be somewhat antisocial to the small new comers but after awhile when the small one got larger they seemed to pal around together.

One strange thing /observation, was that maybe they were from different areas geographically because the older ones were much longer and thinner and the younger ones stayed stockier even as they got older.

Autunsky

Funny you should say that the big one is longer and thiner now that I really studied them the smaller one is not longer but fater he's the one that starts the fighting durring feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom