GloFish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wesselerc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, we have a 36 gal fish tank with 6 GloFish. We had cori cat fish, tetras and a couple of guppy fish . However all are gone except the GloFsh. Do these fish eat fish because there isre not any bodies or bones. We do have a couple of upside catfish that are rather large but the glofish don’t bother them.

There are different types of glofish. Do you know what type you have?

The most common type is a genetically engineered tiger barb. While its unusual for a tiger barb to outright kill another fish, they are more likely to if the other fish is sick. They will most certainly quickly consume a dead fish.

This could be an indication that your water parameters are not ideal. Do you know your water parameters?

They aren’t barbs but I cannot recall their name. Fish looks like this ? shape. We have checked water several times and it is good. We are going to change light from white to a colored lights. We have never seen a dead fish ? or even a sick one. The upside down catfish stay hidden, and they are 4 inches long , so we have never figured out who is attacking who. My other thought is rather or not I am under feeding them. They are feed once a day with flakes and bloodworms, algae wafflers. We are going to add plants to the tank too. Hopefully we will be able to add other fish to this aquarium and have a community tank.

Possibly the tetra or long fin tetra variety. These are GM black widow tetras.

Any more fish losses?

Feed as much as they can eat in 3 minutes once a day, or 2 minutes twice a day.

GolFish

We have GloFish tetras. We added 6 danos and they wee gone next morning. I truly felt bad because we had asked several questions about the fish before adding them. Guess we should do more research for ourselves. Unfortunately we had had 3 Cory catfish removed, eaten. Do you think catfish are killing fish.

Back
Top Bottom