Gonna get in trouble now....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termitehunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Probably going to be in trouble for this one. I went to Petco today and was intending on getting a 40B for my son's Bearded Dragon. $40 is a great price right?

Well I bought 2. One for me. And I don't even have a good inclination as to what to put in it. But I'll figure that part out fairly fast :D

My wife is going to have some "words" for me for that one. :hide:

Anyone else here catch flack from your significant other because of your hobby? I hate to be alone in this one, LOL!

Nope, you're not alone.

I bought a 40b from petco too and my GF told me that's going in the garage lol :ermm:.

The 10g for her puffers live feeders is another issue all together lol.

She'll let me get a 55g to upgrade our DT, but they're too narrow for my liking so we'll see since I have till 7/16 to decide.

I picked up two more 40B's and my wife helped me carry them, I think after 17 years of marriage she's given up to fighting this.

Spend her money on them? Lol

Oh no! I don't have a death wish! I can stand a night or 2 on the couch but I can't afford to lose any body parts. heh heh

I picked up two more 40B's and my wife helped me carry them, I think after 17 years of marriage she's given up to fighting this.

Thatle be the day :whistle:

When we get our new house in 9 months how am I going to explain the new 300 gal that's going next to the 180? LOL! I may record that conversation and have it released if something happens to me.
I don't like teeing of my Sicilian bride, but **** it! If it's what I love to do, I'm going to do it.......I hope......

And Mr L. That argument has already taken place. It was a close one but I don't have a tank in the garage..... yet

I think 3 tanks in my household is enough .... The 75 I have now, the 55 (and stand) I just inherited from a next door neighbors that's moving .. not set up yet. And my future 120. After that .... :whistle: Any others and that's when she'll want to have that talk.:D

My wife thinks I'm crazy for getting back into the hobby, but considering the tank is "for my 9 month old daughter", she couldn't argue much. She was the one that suggested we go to the aquarium and when she saw how my daughter reacted to seeing fish swim around, that opened the door for me! I'm pretty frugal with my money though so I won't spend much unless I really need to.

Edit: She also doesn't really have a full understanding of how much work this hobby will take, I'm sure in a few months time she'll start to get on my case!

My husband pretty much supports my hobby to a point. If seems that with 14 tanks we have hit the tank limit. He says we have no more wall space for tanks, I say we still have plenty of non-tanked space.

We still have the computer room (0 tanks), the living room (1 tank), spare bedroom (1 tank), basement family room (7 tanks) but who needs a couch right?

When we get our new house in 9 months how am I going to explain the new 300 gal that's going next to the 180? LOL! I may record that conversation and have it released if something happens to me.

Good luck on your house!

How you go about explaining the need for a 300gal is up to you:whistle:. You can try explaining it can double as an indoor pool .. albiet a small one? Maybe make sure that day all the knives, guns, cast iron pots & pans are no where in sight:D. Good luck on that one too!!(y)

My husband pretty much supports my hobby to a point. If seems that with 14 tanks we have hit the tank limit. He says we have no more wall space for tanks, I say we still have plenty of non-tanked space.

We still have the computer room (0 tanks), the living room (1 tank), spare bedroom (1 tank), basement family room (7 tanks) but who needs a couch right?

Get a big enough tank and use inner tubes *chuckles*

Re: Jcolon my explanation will start as follows "LOOK AT HOW BIG THOSE FISH ARE GETTING!! They are suffering in that little glass can!"

Followed up with "Well, the Zoo won't take em" :blink:

Get a big enough tank and use inner tubes *chuckles*

Re: Jcolon my explanation will start as follows "LOOK AT HOW BIG THOSE FISH ARE GETTING!! They are suffering in that little glass can!"

Followed up with "Well, the Zoo won't take em" :blink:

Yeah that'll get you far:brows:. As far as it takes for that cast iron pan to fly across the room:facepalm:. Better live stream that conversation .. just in case.:D

Marriage is like a bank account there has to be deposits and withdrawals, to many withdrawals you run out money. Maybe she would like something too, maybe a nice dinner or sending flowers usually works.

I deposit my permission for the old fart to go to the pub while I stay in and look after the kids. As for withdrawals... I am currently sneaking all the parts for my new set up into the house :ROFLMAO:
Once it's all up and running, what can he do??

Ickletas said:
I deposit my permission for the old fart to go to the pub while I stay in and look after the kids. As for withdrawals... I am currently sneaking all the parts for my new set up into the house :ROFLMAO:
Once it's all up and running, what can he do??

+1

It's better to ask forgiveness (per se), than permission :angel:.

Marriage is like a bank account there has to be deposits and withdrawals, to many withdrawals you run out money. Maybe she would like something too, maybe a nice dinner or sending flowers usually works.

Oh there are deposits ... just not always able to cash it out:(. But I do agree ... there's plenty of ... withdrawals:banghead:.

I went on ahead and set it up.....I actually started working on it this morning at 6 am when she left for work :facepalm:

Now where is the vacuum,,,,,, and the pictures she wanted me to hang,,,,, and oh yea the kitchen is clean,,,,,,got to write my forgiveness speech too. I got 3 hours :eek: where did the time go?!?

I went on ahead and set it up.....I actually started working on it this morning at 6 am when she left for work :facepalm:

Now where is the vacuum,,,,,, and the pictures she wanted me to hang,,,,, and oh yea the kitchen is clean,,,,,,got to write my forgiveness speech too. I got 3 hours :eek: where did the time go?!?

Time's almost up. Hope that live streaming is on!

She will be home in 1/2 hour. The live streaming will be for the 300. At least the kids are home so I'm pretty safe for now. Besides the house is spotless and we are going on a trip to my cousins overnight. Won't be home till tomorrow.

Then I'll hear about it....:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom