Good deal???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
What would be a good deal for a used 75g with stand? I believe has filters. It's on craigslist and what is the cheapest I can get lighting for?? I'm trying to work a deal but I'm not sure... I know PetSmart has a new tank/hood combo for around 220 something but no stand and filters... I do have an old dresser I could use but then I would need to buy filtration... Any ideas??

I bought used 75g last fall off craigslist - tank, stand, shop light and double filter for $140 after they wanted $150 - but I had to empty the durn thing myself! Even got a python with it and some decorations!

reflex1 said:
I bought used 75g last fall off craigslist - tank, stand, shop light and double filter for $140 after they wanted $150 - but I had to empty the durn thing myself! Even got a python with it and some decorations!

Wow that's a pretty good deal. They are asking for an offer... What u think it's worth without the light??

Attachments

• image-2697638515.jpg
    image-2697638515.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 154
With no lights and just a dinky HOB filter I'd offer 75-100. You are pretty much just paying for the tank, that stand doesn't really add much to the value IMO.

Mogurako said:
With no lights and just a dinky HOB filter I'd offer 75-100. You are pretty much just paying for the tank, that stand doesn't really add much to the value IMO.

I was thinking bout a 100 as well

I would try for less, just tell them you're going to have to sink a $100 into the tank just for lighting(which btw I recommend LED lights, I've really fallen in love with these.) rule of thumb on tanks is $1 a gallon the rest just talk him down on, d offer $85 and battle for no higher than $90.

Depends where your from new bare 80 gallons here go for 500 for glass and canopy I have never seen a used on in my area under 200 just browse the site for comparables if its close it's probably good but always try to bargain and I agree the only extras that add value are good lighting, fluval 405/fx5 ect, and a professional build wooden cabinet IMO

ryan-peddle said:
Depends where your from new bare 80 gallons here go for 500 for glass and canopy I have never seen a used on in my area under 200 just browse the site for comparables if its close it's probably good but always try to bargain and I agree the only extras that add value are good lighting, fluval 405/fx5 ect, and a professional build wooden cabinet IMO

A 75 tank/ hood combo goes for around 220 something new at PetSmart

Flossie said:
Ok sounds good guys!! Thanks...

In my opinion, wait a little more, you will find a better deal in Craig list sooner or later. You just need to be patience.
I got mine for 250, it is a 100 G tank, with a customized stand and canopy, decent lights, two heaters, two canister filters, bunch of rocks, air pump, extension cords, a bunch of other minor stuff.

Just keep looking daily, you will find something great....

ejaramillo01 said:
In my opinion, wait a little more, you will find a better deal in Craig list sooner or later. You just need to be patience.
I got mine for 250, it is a 100 G tank, with a customized stand and canopy, decent lights, two heaters, two canister filters, bunch of rocks, air pump, extension cords, a bunch of other minor stuff.

Just keep looking daily, you will find something great....

Right on :) I got a great deal on a 55 on CL hoping for the same kind of deal but some people want WAY to much lol

Back
Top Bottom