GOOD DVD burning program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have one called DVD X Copy that a friend of mine got for me, but ive heard of DVD programs that "compact" it so that some of the longer movies will fit on a normal 120min DVD you buy at the store. Does anybody Know of a good program that will burn DVD's you buy from the store and compact them???

TIA

well, not that i'm endorsing an act such as "copying" DVD, which i'm sure many would agree to be highly illegal in 99% of dvds due to copyright cases.
But if you want to "Backup" a dvd, which is still illegal,
A program called "DVD Shrink" is what can be used.
It reads ANY dvd, and allows you to remove things such as the extras on the dvd, the multiple language options, and/or scenes of the movie. it also shrinks the dvd automatically to fit to the size of the dvd disc inserted.
I found Dvd X Copy to be somewhat useless on most dvds due to they're size like you said..
Once again, I am by no means endorsing the illegal copying of dvds and I am not responsible for any actions taken against any copyright laws.

Another option is actually from the same company that make DVD X Copy...it's their "EXPRESS" version. It allows a feature film to be backed up onto a single dvd. HOwever, it does this by eliminating the dvd extras and menu system and includes the movie itself only. If you're not one to care about extras it might be an option for you.

of course i only want to make backups of the DVD's i own in case they should get messed up. 8)

spongebob69 said:
Another option is actually from the same company that make DVD X Copy...it's their "EXPRESS" version. It allows a feature film to be backed up onto a single dvd. HOwever, it does this by eliminating the dvd extras and menu system and includes the movie itself only. If you're not one to care about extras it might be an option for you.

I have that option on the program i have, but even without the menu and extra features, there is still not enough room for some of the films alone. Thanks though.

well i got the DVD shrink, and it shrinks the files, and im able to save them to my computer, but im not able to burn them onto a DVD... ERG

also, anyone heard of a program taht burns DVD's to CD's??? THat would be sooo cost effective don't u think?

dvd shrink burns them straight onto dvd.
well, into a temp folder on your hard drive then onto dvd.
as for the other, what you want is a dvd to vcd convertor. which I am also looking for..

Ok, ive got it shrunk and put in a temp folder, but how do i burn it to a DVD? what software works good for that? I tried using Sonic CD/DVD burner, but it only makes "exact copy" or Data Disk, neither of which is working.

ok, dunno whats going on here, but my dvd shrink, you do:
open disc (it reads the disc, menus etc)
take out the stuff you don't want.
then press Backup, it will ask if you want to backup to your hdd or disc.
and thats it, one "backedup" dvd

oh, mine doesn't ask where i want to back it up, i have to brows, and i tried clicking on the drive with the DVD in it, but it said error, it only lets me back it up into a folder.. hmmm.

I'll have a look when I get home.
What kind of net connection have you got?
I can probably send the zip via Email but i thinks it's over 1 meg, less then 2
so it may take some time on dial up..
pm your email addy if you want to try that way.

I use DVD Decrypter to decode my movies for backup. Then I use DVD Shrink to compose the DVD and encode back to to my DVD Copy. I use Nero 6 for my burning software and DVD Shrink automatical launches it for me. Its really not as hard as it sounds.

Just a heads up people... converting video files is very very very CPU and hardrive intensive.. It could take a fairly powerfull PC (new dual core CPU) a couple of hours to perform and lock it up for doing anything else pretty much. If you get a DVD to vcd converter I would suggest doing the conversions on a extra pc if possible.. my 700mhz machine took about 8 hours on such a task..LOL

what version of dvd xcopy were you using? Mine compacts things nicely...you just have to use the advanced mode instead of simple mode.

I've got a 2.8 P4 160gig HD and a 1gig or RAM. greenmagi is correct that it takes a little juice to do this type of stuff. I can do a DVD copy in about an hour or so.

So could I copy a dvd using my say Commodore 64? :p

Ok, that helped in no way and should have been left out.....Moderator please delete my post.....

Oh wait, I am a moderator....I'll delete it later when I get the time......

:D :D :D :D :D

On a serious note, I use a program called vegas video to do tons of video editing. Not only will it copy and capture any video, it will extract music from any cd. I can also make MP3 files out of the music and make ring tones for my brother in law's blue tooth phone..

It's not a cheap program though...

I've got a old Tandy with the 5 1/4 floppy and a casette tape drive. We could try it on that. Wait a min. I forgot the program want run on a monochrome monitor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom