Good online fish store recommendations??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teadragon15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After having a TERRIBLE few weeks as a result of purchasing sickly Petsmart fish, I have vowed to NEVER buy from there again.

Anyone have any good online fish stores? Or know of any reputable fish stores around Nashville TN?

I've followed aquariumfish.net for a long time now and am tempted to buy from them. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks,
Chelsea

Are we talking FW or SW?

liveaquaria.com has a great reputation and I have used them, though they are pretty pricey.

Some of the best sources are hobbyists who breed fish. For FW fish, check out msjinkzd (google) or Private message HN1 a/o Severum Momma here on the site - they can usually get just about any FW fish, if they don't already have them available.

I use aquabid for everything! It's similar to eBay, so it's not an actual store, but I've never had an issue with any seller from there and have bought over a hundred times from there. Plus they usually offer priority shipping and DOA guarentees which most other online stores do not which is a big relief to my pocket book. Just make sure you check seller feedback and make sure to buy from people with a good amount of it.

Also check the classifieds section here - lots of great stuff and look into local fish clubs - most of them will host auctions around this time of year and you can get some great stuff for really amazing prices

I second wetspottropicalfish.com!! They have literally ANY type of freshwater fish you're looking for...seriously

I m lucky enough to live an hour from the Wet Spot, it s the only LFS I go to now after checking out many that are closer to me. They have really nice fish & excellent customer service. And a clean! bathroom , which may seem weird to say but I ve noticed that most LFS have just disgusting bathrooms ( one had their shop cat s litter box right in front of the toilet).
Love, love that place!!!

I have heard nothing but good about Wet Spot despite it being a bit pricey. I have used Consolidated Fish Farm for live bearers, corys, gouramis and cichlids and they were all great quality fish at a very reasonable price. The owners are easy to work with. Blue Grass Aquatics is the absolute go to for cichlids, they are very pricey and shipping is pricey as well. If odd livebearers or extinct in the wild is your thing, Greg Sage at Select Aquatics has great stuff. He has a few nice non-livebearing fish that are tops. I have also used Aquabid and never had a problem. Just an FYI, if you messge the seller on Aquabid they are likely to work a side deal to accommodate your needs.

Wet spot has a lot I agree, just pricey. But you will get quality so casualty isn't a concern. And I second messaging sellers on aquabid, they will usually work something out behind the scenes. Try to also look into any local fish clubs and see what they are into (cichlids, characins, live bearers, etc.)

I tried blue grass, but they wouldnt even answer my questions i sent them. I got ripped off on aquabid by arch aquatics, see my review in vendor section. Have had no problems with other aquabid folks or ebayers.

I absolutely love The Aquatic Critter in Nashville. They also have a reptile part adjoining to the store. The place has a great saltwater and freshwater selection. It can get very busy but the staff is always friendly to me and is knowledgeable!

Back
Top Bottom