GOOD TEASER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well those are correct answers but i think telling a door your name is kinda stretching the original idea lol but good guesses and lemon head was right about them not being the exact answers but still good all the same.

Y Y U R Y Y U B I C U R Y Y 4 M E

see if u can translate the letters above. i will give only one hint!!!!!! u do NOT need to rearange the letters

If you're 8 feet away from a door and with each move you advance half the distance to the door. How many moves will it take to reach the door?

Ah, but it says "...with each move you advance half the distance to the door.", not half the remaining distance to the door....and since the original distance is 8', two moves at 4' cover all of it.

The intended correct answer may have been different, but that is the correct answer based on how the problem was written.

I disagree, if you move half the distance to the door, you move 4ft. Now, you get to move again, but you only can move half the distance to the door, which is not 2 ft. It is worded correctly because you have to assess the next step after the one before. "Remaining" is not a necessary word in the puzzle.

Toirtis, I understand what you are saying, and it is vague, but I believe the wording is still correct.

Did we ever hear what the "correct" answer to the 2 doors riddle was? I think there are many answers but i'm curious as to what the intended answer was.

tripper said:
"Remaining" is not a necessary word in the puzzle.

Toirtis, I understand what you are saying, and it is vague, but I believe the wording is still correct.

Ah, but the wording is essential....this would get slaughtered at MENSA games night...or legally (laywers are masters of implied meaning from wording)....trust me, I deal with both regularly.

Well hears the teaser that I promised earlier. I will have to warn you that I do not have the answere for this one, or even know if it is possible so I guess the best one wins.

Question: There are only three words in the English Language that end in the letters GRY. One word is ANGRY, and the other word is HUNGRY, but the third word is the Mystery.

Hints: Everyone knows this word and uses it on a daily basis.
Everyone knows the meaning of this word.
And if you paid attention very close attention I have given you the clue to this word.

You version is unanswerable it should be:

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

or if there are only three words in "the english language" then language would be the third word in " ". There are soo many variations of that riddle. It all depends on how the riddle is written literally.

Here's one

Grandpa:

"My grandson is about as many days as my son is weeks, and my grandson is as many months as I am in years. My grandson, my son and I together are 160 years. Can you tell me my age in years?"

mr funktastic said:
Y Y U R Y Y U B I C U R Y Y 4 M E

see if u can translate the letters above. i will give only one hint!!!!!! u do NOT need to rearange the letters

Too wise you are, Too wise you be; I see you are, Too wise for me.

oooh plane crash. The plane's cabin. Boy it took me awhile even after seeing the answer to understand the answer 8O I must be retarded.

There are three houses built exactly the same. One is filled with cotton, the other with wood, and the third with iron. One day an arsonist sets them all on fire. Sirens were loudly coming to the scene. People were screaming. Which house did the ambulance try to put the fire out at first?

lol that question is like these 2 riddles.

if u dug a hole 2feet wide and 6 feet deep how much dirt would be in it?

if there was an electric train travelling 100k/m per hour north and the wind was blowing 35 k/m per hour east what way would the smoke be blowing?

lol classics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom