GOOD TEASER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Two dads and two sons walk into a jewelery store and look at four different watches. After a while the salesmen sells them four watches. Once all of them have there watches they leave the store. Only three watches leave the store, How is this possible?

The answere in a couple days!

the salesman is so good, he sold them 4 watches but convinced them to only take 3?

Perhaps there are three generations entering the store. A man, his son, and his grandson. The son is both a son (to the elder man) and a father (to the young son).

fishyrican said:
Perhaps there are three generations entering the store. A man, his son, and his grandson. The son is both a son (to the elder man) and a father (to the young son).

This was my first thought. But, 4 watches were sold, 3 left the store.

My theory: they are 4 seperate people, but, one of them is the salesman and was opening the store for the day. They all buy their watches, but the salesman has to stay and tend the store for the rest of the day. *shrug*

BillyZ said:
fishyrican said:

This was my first thought. But, 4 watches were sold, 3 left the store.

My theory: they are 4 seperate people, but, one of them is the salesman and was opening the store for the day. They all buy their watches, but the salesman has to stay and tend the store for the rest of the day. *shrug*

yeah, that's what i thought too....but it just seems too boring of an answer to be what he's looking for.

Very simple...only three people entered the store...a grandfather, his son, and the grandson....the grandfather and father are both farhers, and the father and son are both sons....ergo two fathers and two sons, yet only three people....just because they looked at four different watches does not imply that they purchased four watches.

Since they were sold four watches and left with three then one watch must have had to stay behind for alterations/work and will be picked up later. :mrgreen: Or maybe one watch is on layaway.

Okay one slip of the toungue and it all goes down the drain. Im sorry but instead of "the salesmen sold them four watches it should of been the salesman sold all of them watches" but to all who came up with it is the grandpa, father and son you all are right. congrats.... thinking of another one hear for you all try to get this one spot on.

A father and son are in a horrible car accident and they have to be flown to the hospital. In the ER a nurse is looking at the boy and trying to do all she can for his head injury befor the doctor get to him. When the doctor gets to see him; there is a problem. The doctors says I can't work on him he's my son.

Who is the Doctor?

I agree with toirtis.....It's a father and a son...not a father and his son. Or the ER nurse could be an old bat and she refers to the father as a boy...and dr is his father the grandfather of the other son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom