Google, It Works....Really it does.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is one aspect that hasn't been discussed and I believe it is very pertinent to the discussion. Search quality means everything on google, here, or anywhere else. A quality search on google usually provides me the answer I'm looking for and it will also point me to a thread on this site. As far as "newbie" status goes... everyone was one and if we try something new, well we're right back there.

Jesselav1233 said:
Google works really well at giving you as much wrong information as it does right that's why I like asking people here that have personal experience with the fish or situation at hand.

That is true to

I had trouble searching for stuff because I didn't know the the right words to type. When Zags helped me set up my Malawi tank I asked her how she finds this info. And she said you need to put the fishes name then profile after. Let me just say my life has been a lot more better off now.

So now if I tell someone to search Google if I don't do the search and copy and paste a link I tell them what and how to search for it.

Andrew McFadden said:
I had trouble searching for stuff because I didn't know the the right words to type. When Zags helped me set up my Malawi tank I asked her how she finds this info. And she said you need to put the fishes name then profile after. Let me just say my life has been a lot more better off now.

So now if I tell someone to search Google if I don't do the search and copy and paste a link I tell them what and how to search for it.

Thats helpful to especially if tgey are new to researching things on their own

There is one aspect that hasn't been discussed and I believe it is very pertinent to the discussion. Search quality means everything on google, here, or anywhere else. A quality search on google usually provides me the answer I'm looking for and it will also point me to a thread on this site. As far as "newbie" status goes... everyone was one and if we try something new, well we're right back there.

You are absolutely right.

I would also add that post count in and of itself doesn't prove you are an expert or that you ARE one, but it does show a willingness to put yourself out there and be helpful.

Maybe "snobbishness" was too harsh a word. I apologize if I went too far there.

Since I am new to the hobby I have lots of questions but I always try googling it first. I have found a lot of great articles to help me out but I find that having the connection with a knowledgable person who can help me with my particular problems is indispensable. That's why I am so happy to have found this forum. <3

Er... I am particularly good at googling... But sometimes I don't I know what words to use either if I don't know what I'm even talking about ^.^

Back
Top Bottom