*Growls at Petsmart*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
So we go to Petsmart today to look at and buy our new 120g (they sold one and were supposed to have the replacement today) and did they have said replacement? NO! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and we were told they might be discontinuing that tank/stand combo!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if I wanna keep growling or cry

dont cry. why dont ya just find one on craigslist real cheap and use the money you would have been giving petsmart to buy all the good stuff to go in it?

I bought my 75G from petsmart only because it was on clearance. 130 is better than 200. (still probably a lot, but at least I'm starting off with a new tank no leaks and such.)

We've been checking craigslist as well for a few weeks now. Nothing the size we want except people selling SW setups. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

monstefishkeepers.com great classified section many people with big tanks. just have to keep your eyes out.

you can always sell off the extra sw stuff and change it to fw. one less sw tank in the world the better.

Let's be nice. People on the "Dark Side" are sensitive, Kind and good natured.
img_1054292_0_e3309445806d45783c91f0366b1144ea.gif

Order it inline then, return to store and repurchase as sale price.

My petsmart is very good about this.

monstefishkeepers.com great classified section many people with big tanks. just have to keep your eyes out.

you can always sell off the extra sw stuff and change it to fw. one less sw tank in the world the better.

Hey thanks! I never would have thought about checking a site like that. I did check aquabid but those were P/U only on the east coast.

Order it inline then, return to store and repurchase as sale price.

My petsmart is very good about this.

They have the tank online but it says "in store only" *Grumbles*

But.. Our store DOES have a 125 setup, sans stand. I think I have my boyfriend ready to go with that. 5g more is not going to change any of the planning I've done anyways. *Crosses fingers*

I bought my 75G from petsmart only because it was on clearance. 130 is better than 200. (still probably a lot, but at least I'm starting off with a new tank no leaks and such.)

Yeah, we got our 40 from them. Someone had screwed up the combo by adding 2 full 36 inch light strips but no canopy. So we got the tank and 2 strips for $100.00. The stand we found at Petco on clearance for $50.00. Found a glass canopy on craigslist for $10.00 and the fluval we got at our LFS for $100.00 (brand new)

I prefer starting with new tanks just for the fact that if it does leak or something, you can return it. If I craigslist, I want to see the tank up and holding water (just picky that way I guess)

i work at petsmart and if you ever need anything you tell the manager to put it on hold, you must speek to the manager directly or it probibly wont get done give them your name and they pill tape it to the item, just for future refrence.......ALWAYS always speek to the manager

Or better yet, become hobby friends with the managers, it pays off big.

I got the local Psmart manager coming over today to drop off some new unused old powerheads for a few dozen gups. This is his 2nd guppy supply from me and the other manager has all my old serpaes and bloodfins that are approx 4yo and healthy as ox's Infact all my fish come from petsmart, 6 bad fish in 6 years is a **** good record in my book.

Muahahahahaha!

I got my 120! The clerk lied, they got one in today and it's now in the back of our suv waiting for a few guys to come help move it. *Does the happy DragonFish dance*

cmon, only took me and a buddy to take his curved corner 250 acrylic out of his basement( split level to basement kinda) in the middle of july in northern Illinois(think 80-90 + Louisiana humidity). id take the extra glass weight over having no grip and no chest and arm skin after that move.

the 120 is a 5' long tank right or is it 6'? his 250 was a good 10', needed a box van to move it to the storage it has been sitting in for years now. He wont sell Ive tried.

cmon, only took me and a buddy to take his curved corner 250 acrylic out of his basement( split level to basement kinda) in the middle of july in northern Illinois(think 80-90 + Louisiana humidity). id take the extra glass weight over having no grip and no chest and arm skin after that move.

the 120 is a 5' long tank right or is it 6'? his 250 was a good 10', needed a box van to move it to the storage it has been sitting in for years now. He wont sell Ive tried.

Let's see, last night was a whopping 5 degrees, snow and ice. I was sooooooooooo letting the men deal with it lol

hmmm... that sounds about par for the course... glad you got your tank :) Now come the pictures... (hint hint)

So am I, thanks :)

Right now the tank is sitting at the foot of the bed in our spare room lol
The guys have to get the stand to our basement, put it together, move our 55g then move the 120 down and after all that, I can start a picture log. (sucks to be the menfolk on this one) lol

Back
Top Bottom